I can hear the thunder that's breaking in your heart (Eddie Vedder)

Eddie's POV

I know Becca has been cheating on me. I've known for about a month now. I was ready to propose! I had gotten the ring and everything, when I found texts between her and a guy named Frank Iero. But in my heart I knew that I still had to propose. She won't be expecting the way this will end, as I didn't either. I had told her to be ready to go out tonight. I took her to the beach, where we sat on a blanket, and drank rosé together, watching the sunset whilst talking about random things. I took her hands in mine, taking in a deep breath. This is it.

"When I'm with you, eternity is a step away. My love continues to grow with each passing day. You bring a joy to my heart, which I've never felt before. With each touch of your hand, I love you more and more. Whenever we say goodbye, whenever we part, know I hold you dearly, deep inside my heart." Becca was tearing up with the biggest smile on her face. I'm sure she knew what was coming. I continued on with the last bit of the poem.

"Which is why there is one thing I would like to know. Rebecca... who the hell is Frank Iero?" Her face fell when she didn't hear the words "will you marry me?".

"S-shit... Eddie baby I lo-" I cut her off by shushing her.

"I'll leave you alone forever now Becca. You can relive all of the precious moments we had with Frank." I placed my set of house keys in her hand, and walked away from her forever, ignoring her cries