Might As Well Be On Mars (Ville Valo)

Inspired by Alice Cooper's 'Might As Well Be On Mars'.

Third person POV

Ville walked the city streets, that were wet with rain. He observed the night life surrounding him; all of the cars that zipped by, the strangers passing by him on the sidewalk. The city that was once full of life and color, now appeared to him as old, grey, and beat. Ville hurried home, starting to feel suffocated by the city which seemed to be closing in on him. Ville hastily picked up the phone, and dialed her number. He had deleted it, but he never forgot it. He loathed the dreadful ringing every time, especially when she would never pick up.

You told me you were better off alone.

Ville tossed the phone to the side, as tears started to stain his cheeks.

You've turned my world into a dark and lonely place

Like a planet lost in space, my light is fadin'

Star was the only thing Ville wanted, but she did not want him; or so he thought. Star was just as shocked as Ville was when she told him she thought she was better off alone. But it was for their own good, but Ville never knew that.

He lived across the street from her, but it seemed to be a billion miles away. He never saw her anymore, he might as well be on the moon, or even on Mars. Oh how badly did Star want to be with Ville, and how badly he wanted to be with her. And maybe one day they would be reunited, but for now they are worlds apart.