New Years Kiss (Mike Starr)

I sighed as I looked around the house once again. A friend of mine had dragged me to a New Years party. I don't know why I agreed to go, I've never been involved in the whole party scene. I wrinkled my nose in disgust as I saw lots of couples making out in various places. Why are there so many couples here? Seeing them all only made me feel worse- i had no one at all at this party- my friend had disappeared and was probably wasted right now. Another reason I never liked parties, I'm not a huge fan of drinking so I don't ever get shitfaced. I glanced over when I felt the weight in the couch sink next to me, a man had just sat next to me.

"Disgusting, isn't it?" He asked, gesturing to all of the drunk couples sucking face.

"Yeah, it is. But at least they'll have someone to hold and kiss when the clock hits midnight," I shrugged.

"You don't have anyone to kiss?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Oh don't worry, my lips won't get lonely with my Vegas bomb," I laughed half heartedly as I brought the glass to my lips. He smiled a bit.

"I like your sense of humor. Would you wanna kiss me when the clock strikes twelve?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why do you ask?" I questioned.

"I've been eyeing you most of the night, you caught my eye the moment I saw you. It made me sad to see such a gorgeous girl only accompanied by her drink in a room full of people." The stranger now rubbed the top of my hand gently with his thumb. He wasn't wrong.

"Do you mean that? I caught your eye?" I asked shyly. He smiled at me.

"Of course I do, you're stunning. I'm mike by the way,"

"I'm Beck. And to answer your question, I'd be happy to be your New Years kiss, Mike," I grinned warmly at him, and he returned it. We kissed at midnight, and then kept in touch after that night.

This was supposed to be up yesterday but my laziness got the best of me. Happy new year all!!