The Deal~birthday one shot (Ryan Blaney)

I forced my eyes open as my phone rang, disturbing me from a quiet night's sleep. I looked and saw it was Ryan. What could he want at this hour??

"Hello?" I grumbled into the phone.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BECCA BOOO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOO YOUUUUUUU!" Ryan roared into the phone. I couldn't help but grin at his song, and the fact that he is the first to wish me a happy birthday. But still, he did not to interrupt my sleep.

"Thanks Ry. Is that all you wanted to say?" I queried.

"No actually!" He exclaimed.

"Well, get on with it then," I urged.

"Do you remember that deal we made in elementary school?" He asked. I thought and thought, we have made many deals throughout the many years we have been friends.

"I'm afraid you'll have to remind me of the specific one you're thinking about."

"The one where that if we aren't both married or at least in relationships by the time you turn 21, then we would get married?" My eyes widened, we haven't brought that up in years, I was sure he had forgotten about it, and I almost had too.

"Is this a marriage proposal Ryan Blaney?" I grin played at my lips. I knew I had him blushing on the end of the line.

"How does a simple date invite sound right now?" He asked.

"Wonderful, Ry," I whispered.

"Really?!" He squealed on the other end.

"Yes, of course!" I laughed. "Now can I go back to bed?"

"Yes of course my dear. I'll come pick you up tomorrow, and we'll head out for a few drinks. Deal?" He asked.

"Deal. Good night Ryan,"

"Good night Rebecca Rose" he said before hanging up. I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

Happy birthday Becca!! You're officially an old fart now 😫 🍹 but I still love you, I'll be putting you in a nursing home before ya know it 😋💕