not the way it was planned (Matt Cameron)

Matt's POV

My eyes scanned the room for what felt like the millionth time, but still, she was not there. Becca was supposed to meet me at the aquarium for our first date. We agreed on meeting at 12:30, but it was now 1:15. I began to grow very uneasy, not wanting to even begin to accept the fact that I had most likely gotten stood up. I was snapped out of my thoughts by my phone ringing. Despite it being an unknown number, I answered it anyways.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey matt, its becca," my heart skipped a beat at the sound of her voice.

"Becca! Hey, where are you?"

"I'm at the hospital.." she trailed off.

"Which one??" I questioned.

"The one on 47th and-" I cut her off.

"I'll be there shortly!" I hung up on her, and ran from the lobby of the aquarium to my car, and went to the hospital as fast as I could. I rushed to her room as soon as the lady at the front desk told me where she was. I walked into the room to be greeted to becca on the bed, with a cast on her arm.

"Darling, what happened? I rushed to her bedside.

"Its so stupid, really," she let out a nervous laugh.

"I doubt it. Come on, tell me," I pleaded. She let out a sigh.

"Ok fine. I had just gotten done getting ready for our date. I was running down my stairs and I got too excited thinking about seeing you, so i fell and landed on my arm funny. I broke it," a blush crept onto her cheeks. I laughed a little.

"Really?"

"Yes really!"

"Well we can still have a first date," we grinned at each other. I hung out with her in the hospital room for the rest of the day.