waiting for the night (nameless ghoul- Dewdrop)

I opened my eyes once again, failing to focus on the gentle pitter patter of rain falling on the roof. I reached for my phone to check the time. 1:47am. For hours I've been trying to find sleep and concentrate on the soft rainfall, all to no avail. I softly sighed and forced my eyes shut for what felt like the 20th time that night, in an attempt to finally find sleep. I shuddered as I felt a cold breeze come through my room. I shuddered and pulled my blankets closer to my body. The cold chill suddenly went away and was replaced with an intense warmth. I opened my eyes and was greeted to a hand reaching out to me, the owner of the hand possessing eyes that glowed as bright as embers. I couldn't help but reach out for his hand, but I pulled it back.

"Who are you?" I asked softly.

"I'm a fire ghoul, Dewdrop is what they call me. And you, are my soulmate Rebecca. I have come for you." Sound came out clearly, even though you couldn't see a mouth (even in proper lighting).

"How do you know I'm your soulmate?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Can't you feel the electricity pulsing through this room! We are on fire, baby!" The rest of Dewdrop's body started to glow orange, on the verge of turning into a big flame, but he stopped himself before he could. I gazed at him with curious eyes, he gave the same look back to me.

"A demon is in your room claiming to be your soulmate. You're not scared?" He cocked his head to the side.

"I can feel our energy,Dewdrop. I know you're telling the truth," I held my hand out for him. "Take me," I whispered. He took his hand in mine, I flinched as it slightly burned, but the pain quickly went away. I smiled as he took me down to his world, to stay with him forever.