Meeting the parents (jerry cantrell)

"What if they don't like me," I whispered for what seemed to be the fiftieth time that night.

"darling you will be fine. My parents are going to love you," Jerry gave me a kiss on the cheek before knocking on their door. A middle aged man opened the door and smiled at his son.

"Jerry, it's good to see you my boy!"  His father said as he hugged him.

"Hey pops! Dad, I'd like you to meet my wonderful girl, Beck. Beck, this is my father Tom." Jerry introduced us.

"It's nice to meet you Beck, Jerry never shuts up about ya," he we shared a laugh as we shook hands.

"It's nice to finally meet you too, Mr. Cantrell," I smiled at him.

So far so good!!

When we walked inside the house, a wall of smell hit us. I think Jerry said his mom was cooking spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad for dinner.

"Oh hello children! Dinner will be ready in a few minutes!" Jerry's mother called out from the kitchen. We sat at the table, and a few minutes later she came out to the dining room. Jerry introduced us before she served us our food. Things seemed to be going pretty well; we ate dinner and kept up lively conversations, when all of a sudden Jane, Jerry's mother, spoke up.

"I liked Ana better," she said with a cold tone. I froze. Where did this come from? Who the hell is Ana?

"Mom, don't." Jerry spoke with a soft, yet pleading tone.

"Well I did. There's something about this one that just doesn't sit right with me. Besides, she isn't the prettiest, you could do better." Jane spoke as if I wasn't even there.

"Mom stop it. Ana and I have been over for a long time. We broke up because she cheated on me anyways, remember? Beck makes me very happy," Jerry held my hand under the table. I stood up.

"Mr. and Mrs. Cantrell it's been a lovely evening, but I'm afraid I must be going," it took everything I had to not bust out crying right then and there, i briskly walked out of their house, and went to the car. Jerry came out a few minutes later. He wrapped his arm around me and tried to calm me down.

"Darling ignore her. I don't know what got into her, she really is a nice woman most of the time,"

"Jerry they hate me!" I exclaimed as tears fell down my cheeks.

"Beck I couldn't care less what they think about you. They're not the ones who are dating you and living with you. They don't have a say in us. I love you more than anything, and I don't want you to change." He wiped away my tears before continuing  "now what do you say we head home and order pizza?" I smiled and nodded at him. He returned the smile, and took us home. He fulfilled the promise of eating pizza, we also watched movies and cuddled.