CHAPTER 2 - Interviewing The Lion

I stared at him for a while. mouth and eyes wide open.

Wow.

He was a living masterpiece.

"Are you going to keep staring, or are you actually going to take a seat?" He asked.

His voice sending a surge of electricity to run down my spine and all the hairs on my arm to stand up.

My mouth became dry as i struggle to find words "Oh-Uh-um Hello, I'm Laura Marano-" I began.

"I know who you are." He said walking up to me hands still behind his back

He was tall and lean and was close enough for me to tell that his eyes were i beautiful shade of hazel brown as his dark eyebrows frowned upon me.

I chuckled nervously looking at my sneakers "Well you know why I'm here then." I stated.

His frowned deepened.

You're definitely doing something wrong Laura, you're looking like an idiot.

Am not!

That fact that he's frowning at you, means you sure are.

"Yes, and I've never seen anyone dressed like that to interview me." He said looking at me attire.

What's wrong with how I look.

I took out my best shirt, and I happen to like the way I look. Yes everyone in here was all nice and dandy but I like my fashion sense.

He didn't say anything but escorted me to a seat that was directly in front of his huge desk as he sat in a leather black chair.

I fished for my Pen and my note book straighten myself in my seat.

Okay Laura, time to get this over with and out of here.

He sat with his legs crossed staring right at me.

"Okay um, so I have a few-" I started but my words vanished when he leaned over the table and pulled out the hibiscus flower from behind my ear and slammed it unto the table.

"It's childish and distracting." He stated with a scowl on his face.

I don't know if I could fully explained how i felt right know.

I was shocked and embarrassed and angered.

Breathe Laura just breathe, this is your job, you just gotta deal with it.

"I'm sorry that it's childish and distracting to you, but i want you to respect me personally the same way I respect you personally. I happened to like my flower, and if you Mr. Lynch have a problem with it, you'll just have to deal with it." I spoke calmly with a smile on my face.

I picked up my flower patted it up a bit and shoved it back behind my ear.

He seemed shocked for a while before he rolled his eyes a bit and cross his arms over his chest.

He continued staring at me, amused and as if i was a puzzle but he didn't say anything further.

"Alright let's begin." I said fixing myself.

Just breathe hon, you got this.

I read the first question and closed my eyes and smiled up at him.

"So, it says here that you've been an orphan most of your life, up until the age of fourteen, how is your life with your family. you've never spoken about them." I said

His eyes had never left my face from the moment I defended myself.

"They were old folks, My adoptive father died last year." He spoke looking me in my eyes.