Chapter 14 - Diet Shmiet

"No Cindy! I will not have my babies Cheeks swabbed and used Like a lab experiment! He either
believes what I tell him that they're his or not. I don't need him or his money.  I make my own and I don't need him or his help " I stubbornly said as I chewed on my burger the following day.

Because of his money and connection Ross apparently knew someone who could perform a prenatal DNA exam without harming the babies.

of course this was future technology we're talking about since the entire world knows nothing of this. but ross said it's been tested and it works

I on the other hand refuse to let anyone poke my unborn babies around.

"Laur,  I get it. I get what you're saying. but do you blame the guy? he's worth billions. For all he knows it could be a planned thing." Cindy tried reasoning.

I gasped loudly in hurt and shock making a few people stare at our booth. "You  think I planned this? " I whispered harshly under my breath.

Her eyes widen for a moment "what?no! I was just trying to show you how ross would feel. Plus, Laura I know you're an independent woman. I'm your bff so I know. And you know me, you know my story. So when I say this know that I'm speaking from experience. Every kid needs their dad. And that's all I'm gonna say "

I sighed before popping a fry in my mouth at the same time the bell on the door ringed. I saw Will strolling towards us as Ross strolled behind. An ever present scowl on his handsome face.

I rolled my eyes annoyed. " what's he doing here " I asked will as he took a seat next to Cindy and ross next to me.

"we had lunch together yesterday Laura. And it occurred to me that you have a ridiculous diet.  You ate a burger for lunch yesterday. And I come here today to find you eating it again. let me guess pizza for dinner and the leftovers  for breakfast?" he said before scrapping my half eaten burger, my chips and my Pepsi before quickly throwing it in the near by bin.

my cheeks turned red at his almost true accusation before I turned to him. " i'd like you to know that the pizza was....only because I wasnt feeling well to cook  and i only ate half the amount I usually do. And Mr. Know-it-all, FYI I had a very light breakfast " I defended myself.

He watch me " which was? "

I grinned with confidence " crackers and coffee."

Take that idiot.

Ross' face flashed with anger "you had caffeine?" He gritted out angrily.

oh shit.

"what're you trying to do? kill our kids" he almost shouted.

Before anyone could answer kevin appeared. "Hey,Mr. Lynch, Mr. Strong can I take your orders?"

" I'll have one of those soups Cindy's always drinking. " will spoke up first.

kev quickly scribbled his order before turning to ross.
" give me a L.S.C.B." Ross said reading from the menu. referring to a large spicey chicken burger.

I turned to him with a loud gasp "the hypocrisy." I said shaking my head at him.

He spared me a glance before turning back saying " I'm not the one that's pregnant. I can eat whatever the hell I want."

Cindy and Will chuckled as all they did was stare at us laughing.

" Congrats Laura" kevin smiled at me. 

I returned kevin's smile " thanks Kev. Uh i'd like to order my usual again. This fool threw away my last before I could finish and i'm starving " I said. 

"No she's isn't eating anymore burgers. do you guys have salad?" Ross butted in.

"uh yea." Kevin answered not knowing who to listen to.

"great, she'll have a fruit salad and that's final. " ross said having Kevin skidding to give our order.

I turned to him angrily "you're a bitch "

He turned to me " why thank you." he said his face dead serious.

I rolled my eyes annoyed.

" I don't care if you're pissed at me laura. As long as long as what you say is true and you are carrying my babies I will do everything in my power make sure that they're safe, healthy and out of harms way " he said.

I turned away from him with mixed emotions before hearing him mutter:

"I can't let that happen again "

---------------------------------------------------

I'm a lazy ass.