Chapter 44 - how she feels

unedited

the next morning was quite peaceful. 

Bonnie and Charlotte took the twins out for an early morning stroll before there flight at lunch.Chelsea was somewhere locked in her room i hadn't seen her since yesterday and Ross taking breakfast before preparing to leave for work.

"If i go talk to her, you think she'll flip on me?" i asked Ross as we sat in the kitchen together.

"It depends i guess. you go to her with hostility i'm pretty sure, you receive the same thing."

i sighed "I know that, and i'm not going to be rude to her. i just want to make amends. she leaves for England tomorrow and i just want her to know that there's really no bad blood between us."

"Do what you want Laur, i have no problem. just keep me out." He stated before sipping his coffee.

playfully rolling my eyes, i tsked  "Not everything is about you Lynch?"

he smirked "Remind me why she hates you again?"

"It's just the estrogen." i said making us both laugh as the front door opens.

"Well that's a lovely sound to hear!" Bonnie grins as she walks behind Charlotte who are carrying the boys in a stroller.

"Hey mom, i'm about to run." He says as he stands, with a mouth filled with toasts, he bends to kiss the twins, his aunt and his mom on the cheek before running out the door.

She turns to me and grins. "Well he seems happy."

"Apparently." I smiled.

Charlotte rolled the boys into the living room then i heard the Tv being played before Bonnie disappear.

"Hey Charlotte can i talk to you?" i ask Ross' aunt as i take a seat next to her.

"Sure darling what's up?" she smiles at me as i sighed "Chelsea. I want to make amends with her but i'm not completely sure, how... i don't really know the full story between her and Ross and i don't want that to get between her and I. There's absolutely nothing going on between Ross and i."

"Well, why don't you just tell her that?"

"I've tried, but she won't listen to me. i just really want us to be on talking terms before you guys leave." 

"I know that. And as Chelsea's mother, the most  i can say about my daughter is that she's very confusing, she's her father's child. but she's also a great listening. So just give it one more shot. i'm sure she'll listen this time now that ross isn't around.

so that's how i found myself knocking on Chelsea's door waiting for her to open.

"Who is it?" her voice came from behind her lock door.

"Um, it's Laura."

"What do you want?" she asked as her door open.

she was a brown silk robe that ended at her mid thighs with her hair curled as she'd just done it.

"May i come in?"

with a frown she repeated "What do you want?"

"I want to talk with you." i stared straight into her eyes ".about Ross."

She stared at me for a second before sighing and opening the door wider for me to enter.

her room was not surprisingly similar to mine. they were guest rooms after all.

i made my way to her window where i wooden chair was before i turned to her. 

"You wanted to talk." she said arms crossed over her chest.

finding discomfort in my sitting while she was standing i got on my feet. 

"Chelsea, i truly want you to know that i don't want to be your enemy. Yes, Ross and i are bonded by our sons, but you have to believe me when i say that nothing is going on between Ross and i-"

She laughed.

no, it wasn't an evil which laugh. it was the laugh you'd give an innocent, naive person.

"What's funny?" i was already annoyed.

"That's where you're wrong Laura, you may not see it , but i do. I've know Ross for years. i've seen him in love.i see how he is around you, and you may call me cruel for saying this, but what he had with that  bitch Francine, does not compare to what he feels with you." She said "And that's what pisses me off."

"Che-" 

"Now that we've spoke and you know how i feel i want you to get the hell out of my room."

"Chelsea, if you'd just-"

"I said get out." She screamed taking a step towards me.

i looked at her for one last time; leaving her room without another word