Chapter 37 - 'Cousin'

Ross' POV

I mentally cringed as the room fell silent. This was not good.

There are two ways this could play out:

Laura, would be taken aback but decide that It'd be best to be the mature one and ignore my 'cousin' who she has never met in her life.

Or,

The part of her that I  feared she would unleash in front of my mother and aunt, but found sexy ass hell. That rare Sagittarius sass. It would be no shocker if Laura unleashed the gates of hell on  Chelsea,she had a zero tolerance for bullshit aand Chelsea's middle name happen to be B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T. I knew exactly what it felt like to be caught in the cross fire of Laura's anger, After all I've been on receiving end of all that 5'2 fireball of fury on numerous occasions.

I felt Laura lean back into me "What the heck is happening right now?" She whispered to me after no one said anything.

"Ignore her." I muttered before gesturing for them to come inside.

Laura hot on my tail "She was just joking right? It doesn't seem like she was though."

I walked Laura into the kitchen both twins had fallen asleep, light snores escaping there little pink lips. "Look," I said turning to her "Chelsea's... Really complicated, so try to stay out of her way. I'm not sure how long they'll be here, but there bags indicate it'll be a while. So just try to bare, I know how you get when someone step in your toes."

"I'll try, For the sake of Bonnie and Charlotte. But that's just crazy I don't even know the girl why the hell does she hate me?!"

I shrugged " like I said she's complicated."

I wasn't in the mood to go into detail about how Chelsea lacked the words 'Family' and 'Incest' in her vocabulary.

Throughout our teenage years, I've watch as my 'cousin's' feeling towards me morphed from Crush , to in love , to the love of her life, to need you to survive , to obsessed then she'd almost given up and tried the hard to get tactic, now she just gave up trying to make me fall for her to just trying to get in my pants even of its once.

I get that we were in no way blood related. But I still felt strange to try and hook up with a girl who was family to my mom.

The first time I saw Chelsea was when I was fourteen, she was thirteen and I early bloomer. She'd walked into my room while I was dressing for the family dinner that would introduce the to my new family.

I was a quiet and awkward fourteen, that had just been forced to cut his bangs out of his face. And Bonnie had in no way been rude about it, but said she wanted to see my entire face, and the hair that I'd allow to grow down into my eyes as a means of blocking people out, She'd begged me to cut it off, and after a week of trying I finally agreed to.

Chelsea's was staring at buttoned up my shirt. And after a moment of involuntary shock, I snapped out of it a screamed at her to get out.

In the end I had to push her out of the room because she wouldn't stop staring at me.

As years went by, She went at anything to get my attention when we went back to England for family visits and holidays. And each year I'd ignored her.

She had it bad for me. And I never felt sorry for her until the day of my first kiss. It was a. Christmas holiday and I was sixteen, my mom's parents neighbors had their grandkids over as well for Christmas and one of there really tall red head granddaughters had eyes for me from the moment she spotted me. To shorten the story, the red head kissed me on our last day, Chelsea saw, and cried her heart out that night.

After that she upped her game, trying techniques that would make her seem 'desirable' to my eyes, by wearing the tiniest of dresses or when Summer vacation came along she'd accidentally drop her bra in front of me and wear bikinis that were three sizes small for her.

She just couldn't get it.

When we got older she became frustrated and  on numerous occasions she'd tried breaking Francine and I up, but it never happened. When Francine and my little girl died I was broken, the taught of those days almost had me quivering, I'd felt like I was back in that orphanage broken and bruised and I was so desperate that I had almost given in to Chelsea when she flew up to America to visit me.

It was late, we were alone after I pushed everybody away - That's the thing about Chelsea, no matter how much I screamed at her, she hardly budged- she tried comforting me.

In desperation, I almost kissed her, but instead I kicked her out of my house.

After that I just all out ignored her, then mom told me about the tantrum she gave when she was told I was going to be a dad.

Now she was here, and only God alone knows what tricks she has up her sleeve.