Chapter 30 - Contented

"Now that  boys are here,  have you and Ross spoken about living arrangements and that stuff." My mom asked five days later as I'm sitting on the hospital bed as Cheryl brushes my hair.

"No not really, I mean things happened so unexpectedly and fast that we couldn't even really get a grip of ourselves. I guess we thought that we still had enough time to plan, after all I did have two months more to go. But you know..." I trailed off.

Today is the day I first get to go home. Well in Ross' house I guess.

Shor had made a complete recovery yesterday so it was safe enough for us to go home after sleeping in the hospital for four nights.

"As long as you both talk it out and come to a mutual agreement.". Cheryl, my step mom said.

I nodded my head thinking of all the ways that conversation could go.

***

Ross had a conference so he sent Pete to pick me up with Marcus to pick me up.

"You guys know you didn't have to, I was fine, my mom and step mom were already there to drop me." I told Pete who was sitting in the front passenger seat.

"Nonsense, it's no problem. Plus, Mr.Lynch would have my head if I didn't do as he said, especially when it comes to you and now his sons."

It was a threat on his part, but the thought of Ross being all over protective was so cute.

The ride home was filled with laughter, then loud cries from the boys who we managed to wake up.

After coaxing them to sleep. We conversed softly before we go finally past the main gates on the gated community before driving into a very familiar driveway.

"We're home boys." I whispered softly down at them in their child seats.

Pete gripped both child seats quickly walking with them into the house.

Marcus helped me fetch the other bags into the house as I took a breath of fresh.

It felt amazing to be back here, it wasn't home, but it was close to it. I'd become tired of being included in the hospital room, and yes it wasn't tiny and I also went for a few walks around it with the boys,  but nothing feels better than the place you feel safe to rest your head.

Marcus was behind me- as he ushered me into the house. I pushed the front door open and inhaled the familiar scent of Ross' home as I took my shoes off.

I walked into the living room expecting to see Pete resting the boys down, instead I stared at my Mother, Father,Bonnie,CharlotteCheryl,Cindy,Meg,Wesley,Will,Pete, Amy, a few of my Co workers and Ross who was standing both our sons delicately in hands.

"Surprise!"

And all the emotions that I've be holding in escaped. I brought my hands to my mouth as a sob escaped.

"Aw sweetie." My mom said being the first to approach me, taking me into her arms.

Everyone was snapping pictures and videoing as my family and friends congratulated me.

"We were planning a baby shower, but of course, the boys decided that they wanted to come before time.So,.we decided to have a baby shower slash welcome home party." Cindy grinned at me.

I was ushered to the back yard where they had this barbecue set up with a tent the place was decorated with a baby shower and welcome home banner. I sat in this really big white chair that had 'NEW MOMMY' written above and besides me were a bunch of gifts.

Meg came behind me a placed a slash that said 'BABY MAMA' on it making me laugh at the memory of us dancing in the labor room.

My mind drifted Ross who had showed me a completely different side to him that day. A caring, sweet and vulnerable side to him that I hadn't really known existed.

As I thought about him, my eyes automatically zeroed in on him.  He was at a corner by himself holding both our boys in his hands as he stared down at them I could see pure love radiating off his face as he smiled down at them.

My heart melted at the sight. To know that he lost a kid before -and lover- and I was able to bring back that sort of happiness in his life made me so ecstatic.

Yes Ross and I had a lot to learn. We weren't quite at the cooperation stage. But I knew we could make this work.

And with a smile on my face I watched, what seemed to be the happiest man alive at the moment, kiss his sons on there forehead before he lifted his head and his eyes connected with mine.

Contentment.