Chapter 10 - Holy Shit

Diane Lane as Holly Holden

I didn't get to visit my mom till three weeks later. I was so  busy with work and then the last week I came down with the flu.

The first thing my mother said when she saw me was "Bunny! You're glowing."

Bunny has always been her nick name for me since my first Halloween her and my dad dressed me up as a bunny because I had huge cheeks.

"I feel like shit." I frowned as I walked up the driveway and gave my mother a hug.

She chuckled before moving her body away from mine with her hands on my shoulder as she inspect me.

"And you've gained weight. Oh sweety you're living the life." She said grinning.

"Laura!" I turned around to see my moms neighbor, Mr. Keller waving at me from his yard.

For a man of forty six he was defiantly a master piece with blonde hair and gorgeous blue eyes. And had the body structure if an athlete. And let me tell you, the man still had a very luscious six pack  which I only happen to know when I came over by my mom for the summer and ran into him on morning run.

"Hey, Mr. Keller!" I waved and grinned at him.

"Good to see you again. You look great." He said before he turned to mom. I saw her instantly blush."Hey Hol." He smiled with a slight smirk.

"Jim." She blushed.

No frigging way!

Mom was shagging the hot neighbor!

I stared at them in excitement as they continued to stare at each other.

Awkward. For me at least.

I cleared my troat with a grin before saying I'll see you around Mr. Keller before I pushed. My mom into her house.

"Mom!" I shouted with excitement.

Cringing and holding her ears she said "Geez Laura. Not so loud."

She walked into the kitchen with me hot on her tail as I called her name again.

"Yes Sweetie." She said opening the fridge.

"You're shagging Mr. Keller!" I said astonished as I stared at her with wide eyes.

She slammed the fridge door shut before looking at me with a horrified expression before it turned nervous when she saw me grinning. "Are you disappointed? Oh I know. I'm a terrible mother." She said scolling herself.

"What! No this is great. Do you love him?" I asked her.

Relief flashed her face as she turned to me. "Oh Bunny, you have no idea. He's the kindest most loving man ever." She said before she went on gushing over all they did together.

Now you must be wondering what's going on where's my dad.

He's not dead.

And no, he's not one of those fathers that abandon their children. In fact he's seriously the most loving dad ever.

But my parent's story is quiet the tale. You see. My dad's married to my mom's best friend. And no, she isn't evil. It was actually my parents that were the wrong doers.

So here's what happened.

My mom's best friend (my dad's wife) when they were younger they were inseparable cheerleaders and my dad was the hot quarterback. My dad fell for Cheryl (his now wife and my mom's best friend) and they dated. Cheryl and my dad were the IT couple while my mom was the best friend. But, my mom was a terrible best friend and my dad an even worst boyfriend. He cheated on Cheryl with my mom and KABOOM PUFF she got pregnant with me.

Fast forward all the years of hate and drama. Cheryl and my mom became back best  friends my dad was still in love with Cheryl, they got married. And even though their friendship us hella weird they make it work.

And no Cheryl doesn't hate me for being the kid of her husband and best friend but she sees me as her daughter since she can't have kids.

---------------

By lunch time my mother was staring at me like I'd grown another head.

I had downed three plate of lasagna, eaten half my mothers ice cream cake and now I was eating pasta and peanut butter as I waited on my Hawaiian pizza that I'd order.

"Bunny. Are you sure you're okay?" My mom asked as she handed me a glass of water.

"Just a bit peckish." I said. Eyes glued to the TV as I watched old episodes of the100 to get ready for the new season.

I shoved an entire spoonful of peanut butter and pasta in my mouth as the door bell rang.

"The pizza! Mom, can you be a darling in her that for me." I asked eyes still glued on the TV.

She didn't answer but I heard her for moving and the front door open.

When she came back she didn't say I word just handed me my pizza.

With a pillow on my stomach I had the pizza in one hand the gooey pasta in the other. And shoved all two in my mouth.

"Sweetie, how's your love life?" She asked still standing.

"Deader than dead."

"Any hook ups?" She asked and I scoffed. Not exactly to her but at Bellamy on the TV.

"Okay. Have you been sick lately?"

"I had the flu last week. That's why I couldn't come." I answered.

Damn it Bellamy! You know you love Clarke!

"Have you vomited in the mornings and sometimes at night?" She asked.

"Yes mom. I told you. I had the flu. Now please, please let me watch Bellarke pine after each other."

Mom sighed before grabbing the remote and turning the TV off.

"Hey! I was watching than!" I whined as I bit into my pizza.

"Has the smell food make you feel like you want to throw up?" She asked seriously.

I thought about it "yeah about a few days ago. Cindy came to cook for me cause of my flu and when she finish I almost threw up 'cause the smell made me upset" I answered "now may I watch my show?" I asked becoming annoyed.

"Sore breast?"

I rolled my eyes "yes" as a matter of fact they were sore now.

"Mood swings?"

"Yes"

"Abdominal bloating? Nausea? Hell! , did you miss your period?!"

I rolled my eyes for what seemed the millionth time. "Yes, yes yes and yes!"

And that's when my eyes snap open as and it dawned on me what my mother was trying to ask me.

HOLY SHIT!