Chapter 27 - Francine & Bonnie

WARNING: I suck at writing medical stuff and thank God for Google. But if you realize none of them things add up I'm sorry. I tried a little research but it's not that good.

UNEDITED

I'm fine.

Which is weird. I actually thought that I'm immediately suppose to feel my contractions and the pain rolling in. But nothing.

I've not too long ago finished a test and now I'm lying on the hospital bed in a johnny gown as I wait on doctor Marisol to return.

It's quiet between Ross and I but I can also see his his brain filled with questions, concern and fear.

My family and friends are on their way and I literally had to cut the phone off on my mother.

"I'm back." Doctor Marisol said sliding throw the door with a file in her hand.

"Okay, so we performed a fetal blood acid base study. This was to see if any of the boys were in distress. And it shows that one of them are." She said.

My heart sank at the revelation.

"What's the cause?" Ross spoke up . Sitting forward with his elbows on knees.

"They're numerous factors: but what we've discovered is that you baby has
Meconium Aspiration."

"And that is?"

"It occurs when a baby breathes in amniotic fluid containing meconium or the baby's first stools. And because the fetus was distressed it began gasping leading to a breathing pattern "

I felt my eyes prick with tears "I-is it my fault?"

"No Laura, I can assure you it was. And it's treatable so we'll be able to help your son."

I felt like a weight was lifted off my chest.

After that I was told to move about so I walked outside to meet my family's friends outside.

"Baby Mama!"Meg shouted being the first to see me.

I brought them up to date on what was going on. I ate some Mac n Cheese my mom gave me

"Where's Ross?" I asked turning in my seat looking for the familiar mop of blonde hair.

"Over here." I heard his voice from behind the wall away from my family and friends.

"What's wrong?" I asked immediately after I saw his eyes were red. Obviously he's been crying.

He forced a smile and wiped his eyes.
"You okay?"

"I'm fine. Are you?" I asked concerned and shocked myself when I reached my hand up and wiped his cheeks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just-up- a little emotion but I'm fine." I could see him already building back up his walls.

"Don't do that. Don't lock me out. I'm already here. What's going on?" I grabbed his hands looking up into his eyes.

I wanted this alright. In a matter of hours Ross and I were going to be parents and I wanted to know everything. I wanted us to start on a fresh page. No secrets . Just two people who were going to do the best we could as parents.

He continued staring at me and before I could process it, the words were already out.

"Is it something to do with your other child? Or........Francine?" I almost snapped at him.

On days when Ross wasn't home, I tried stopping around his home office and room. But. Nothing. No birth certificate, or pictures, or letters. I tried researching Ross' name with a Francine and nothing came up.

Nothing.

"Who told you about that?" He snapped.

"Does it matter? You could have at least told me that you had another child somewhere Ross. We're not together, yes, I get that. But don't you think I deserve the right to know?" I wasn't shouting.it was more of the silent approach my voice small with no hint of anger.

Ross stared at me for what seemed forever. Anger, hurt, pain flash a crossed his features and I was left confused as tears rolled out his eyes.

He breathed hard before saying " I don't have another kid Laura.". Then turned his back to me.

"But I heard Will, I heard when he told you that you were gonna.A dad again. I heard you all the times you whispered under your breath ." I approached him.

"I lost her." He sighed " Both of them"

I froze up.

Ross was staring away from me and his back tense under his Shirt.

"I had a secret lover Laura." Be now turned back to me, tears streaming down his face." She was my everything."

"By-but I never heard-"

"You never heard about her because I wanted to keep her out of the spotlight. Being as rich as I am puts your loved ones in harms way. I was getting death treats at the time, No though no one knew about her I still couldn't risk it so we kept our relationship a secret. Then she got pregnant."

For what felt like the millionth time, my heart sank .

"Everything was going fine. Everything was perfect. We were happy. We were going to have a girl, bet name would have been Bonnie. We were going to name her after my mom for ..... She-she would have been perfect." He said.

I realized that he stopped because he didn't know that I already knew about the orphanage and what had happened to him there.

"H-how did they did?" I didn't even realise I was crying.

"Complication during delivery. It was her or Francine and Francine chose Bonnie's life over hers just for Bonnie to die the next day."

He wasn't crying any more but there was so much pain in his voice before he spun around facing me.

"So now you see Laura, why I've been so hard on you during this pregnancy. Why I make sure you eat healthy, that you're constantly safe. I almost lost my Goddamn mind when Cindy had called and said how fell down those steps. I thought I was cursed are something, that it was life's mission that I never find love- that I never had kids. Then you you fought through, all three of you. You're so strong. That's why I'm not scared anymore. I know you'll get through this pregnancy safely and bring our boys home."

I smiled before hugging him, my protruding belly restricting a bit. "That's right. I'll bring them home."

Sorry for another whack chapter I'm lazy to edit but I wanna do another chapter now so see you in the next chapter.