Chapter 33 - Little emergency

UNEDITED

I loved my  friends, they are some of the greatest and most supportive people in my life. But trusting Meg to babysit my twins was something I had to think about really hard. Even if it meant for a few hours.

"You don't think I can handle them? I am the best baby sitter you'll ever meet Laur, plus the boys love me,  last week shor, Jessie and I binged watched pepper pig, season one and two. We bonded they love me. Get.Go. They'll be fine."

"I trust you Meg it's just-"

"Go Laura, you're not even taking that long, you're running to the store and back. We'll be fine." She said walking me to the door.

It's been three days since that night the boys decided to give me a hard time, and every night since then Ross called to sing them to sleep and yes they'd still wake up in the middle of the night but I could get them under control after.

Taking a last sigh, I mustered up enough courage to walk out the front door without looking back, because I knew one last glance at them sleeping in there bouncy chairs, there blonde hair in there faces would have me back in that house within a second.

Phillip and drove to to the supermarket, Ross' demands. He made sure I went no where without someone with me especially when I had the boys with me, I had to make sure I at least told someone where I was going.

I had a sort of emergency. I was out of tampons, since I hadn't been using for the past few months and even in the month since the boys were born I didn't see it, and this morning my room is disastrous after turning it upside down looking to see if I even had one tampon left. I was lucky.

After shopping I texted Meg telling her I wasn't going to be by my mother for a while since I wanted to spend some time with her, I sent Philip home telling him I'd be here for a while and I'd take a taxi home.

"How is it even possible that you just had twins a month ago?" Mom cried opening the door for me as I walked into the house to be greeted with the scent of baking and my step mom covered in flour.

"I have no idea, all the remaining fat seemed to have melt, but I still have stretch marks across my stomach and hips, they're so ugly." I said making myself comfortable after greeting the two older women.

You'd think it would be strange for Cheryl to talk about babies and pregnancy since she's been trying so hard even though the doctors told her it was impossible, but Cheryl seemed to not care, she loved talking about babies and the entire process of pregnancies and what not. My dad and mother have been trying to let her start thinking about adopting, but she believes she can have a child, no matter how old she's getting.

"The journey of motherhood is so much to bare, I remember it took me years to drop all pregnancy fat after I you, and don't even get me started on that nine months." Mom said making us chuckle.

"I don't think I could have survived that full nine months though, was moody as hell and Ross understood but sometimes when he had a hard time a work, he wouldn't deal with my bullshit, you know 'Mr.I'm in control' and all. He'd ignore you me, he made sure I ate and stuff but other than that, nope, Mr Lynch would say not one word." I smiled telling my them some of Ross and I's story.

"awe ,but he's such an amazing dad now. He cares for his son so much, I mean, look at how quick and easy it was for him to dive into being a dad. Your father almost crashed on the way to the hospital, he fainted while I was in labour, and didn't even hold you until you were a few weeks old. He was scared he'd drop you." My mom said laughing.

She and Cheryl began talking a story about when they stopped being friends, after midday cheated on her with my mom. It was only now they could laugh, but back then, there was so much heart break between them that I myself don't even know how they survived and are still great friends today.

When I left it was after three in the afternoon and minutes to four when I got to Ross' house.

Meg's vehicle wasn't in the massive drive way anymore and I wondered if she had parked in the garage along with Ross' many cars, but I doubt they'd have space.

"Meg where did you park your car, it's not out there anymore." I called out as I took off my heels at the door.

I could hear the TV playing and the familiar annoying voice of pepper the pig.

But walking into the living room, A startled squeal left my mouth as I saw Ross on the sofa wearing black hoodie and sweat pants, his blonde hair tousled as he held cradled two sleeping blond babies on his chest.

His head turned when he saw me, I could now see his eyes puffy with a red nose as he breathed through his mouth "I'm sick."