Chapter 32 - The unfairness of motherhood

It's two AM and I'm currently in the nursery with tears in my eyes as I rocked both my sons as they cried.

I've changed there nappy, changed there clothes in case they were hot, fed them, burped them, tried playing with them so they would get tired and fall right back to sleep, sang I've don't everything I'm supposed to but still they kept crying. I was so desperate at one time that I even tried blowing softly in there eyes.

"What do you want mommy to do!" I cried out.

I contemplated  calling my mother, but like everybody else I knew she'd be asleep at this hour, minus my neighbors maybe, the boys were so loud I wouldn't be surprised if they'd heard and came knocking on the door.

I rest them both down trying to think just for them to scream louder.

"That's it!" I cried running out the nursery to my room.

Lying on the table was the answer to my prayers, that would fix everything. My IPad.

Grabbing it I ran out the room signing into Skype as I walked back into the nursery.

Without any hesitation, I called Ross.

Three rings two rings later, he answered.

"Laura?" I could hear fumbling and blurriness before before his face came into view. "Why are the boys crying like that is everything okay?"

Tears leaked out of my eyes. "No. It's been hours and they won't stop crying. I-I tried everything but-"

"Did you nurse them before bed?"

"Yes but-"

"Burp them after?"

"Yes but they still-"

"Well did you tried seeing if something's itching them-"

"YES! I did everything but they just won't stop. And it's not just one , it's but. Jessie woke Shor up and now I'm ju-" breaking down into more tears, I just couldn't help it. I've been accustomed to doing this with Ross and now he wasn't here it was so hard. "Can't you just come back?"

"I'm sorry, I have a meeting in the next hour. Don't cry c'Mon the boys need you."

"But I can't, not on my own, it's two against one, and I'm so tired." I said wiping my eyes as I sniffed.

"Okay let me see them."

I turned to the boys just to Hault in my step.

They weren't crying anymore.

You have got to be shitting me.

I walked across the short distance before placing the IPad over the boys so Ross could see them and they immediately began cooing when they saw their father.

So you see the unfairness of life. I go threw morning sickness, mood swings, swollen limbs and face, carrying them inside me for seven whole months and squeezed them out of my precious god given parts writhing in pain. But they still chose there dad over me.

That could never be right.

Looking at Ross and the boys communicate I feel my tears drying and a smile making its way on my face.

He was asking them why they were giving me so much trouble, and Shor cooed loudly followed by a smile and giggle.

Then he went on singing 'beautiful boy'

I felt my heart swell at there interaction.

In a few minutes there eyes shut and I sighed with relief that I could finally go to bed.