Chapter 50 - Broken Firewall -Part 2

ROSS' POV

-Song- At My Weakest-

UNEDITED 

We had taken a walk back to Laura's hotel, the time was after 2 AM and neither of us made an attempt to move as she sat on a chair in leggings and a sweat shirt while sipping on coffee as she stared right at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as i looked back at her. her silky hair cascaded down her beautiful face and it took everything in me not to run my hand through her hair.

"You're so strong." was all she said.

i smiled at her "Sure i didn't have a great start, and it's been a roller coaster but it gets better."

"Go on."

"So, After that day, when i was discharged from the hospital they brought me to where they were staying. i got to eat an entire plate of food for myself and i slept on a clean bed for the first time. They then told me that they were going to take care of me and that's when it all changed. I never stepped foot back in that orphanage and that was because my father had called in officials, and being a man of money had had all the kids moved to another more healthier orphanage with proper  living conditions and better Mothers and caregivers. At first i hated the thought of those despicable kids that made my life hell having a better place to live. but they the thought of another kids having to go through what i did would be inhumane."

"When i was finished with the medical help i need,  they legally adopted  and we spent a few weeks before going to America. When they had a conversation with me about moving their, all i wanted was to get as far away from them as possible.  And somewhere alone the line, i had learn what true love felt like, i learnt what it was to love, and to have a family that would protect you."

Laura was smiling as she wiped her eyes. 

"I was still always an introvert, as much as i had a new family, i still had nightmares and even to this day, i still have trust issues from that era in my life. i buried myself in school work. even through out my time at the orphanage i was always at the top of my classes, and that excelled even more when i came to america, i went to a university  and it was there i met Francine."

i watched as Laura's mouth dropped open, she knew i was talking my life story but she didn't expect me to talk about everything.

" I met Francine in my freshman year, she was majoring in arts and she was showing off her work at an exhibit day we had. one of her work of a crying little boy caught my attention and i remembered the first thing she said to me was 'Peter pan." I was telling the woman i'm in love with about my past lover.

"It was a picture of a young boy sitting on a roof crying with tears streaming down his face,i was so drawn to him that i didn't realize i was standing their for five minutes straight without saying anything. she came up to me and said 'Peter pan. he's an image of childhood, but what most people don't realize is that he represents mental illness, depression, The pressures of life, The lost boys were those that committed suicide, Neverland, Neverland is the afterlife. Peter pan is what makes you succumbs to suicide then you become a lost boys which is equivalent to dead and that takes you to Neverland, the afterlife." 

"Whoa!" Laura said with wide eyes  her expression one of shock, making me chuckle.

"Yeah, i never thought about it like that until she told me. After that day i was so drawn to her. We both had so much in common you know. She had lost her dad in the line of duty and her mom committed suicide after he died. She was as broken as me and she was my first love."

"We were dating for a year and a half when, when she got pregnant, My 3D phones were selling all over the world and we were celebrating. that year was perfect, everything was going fine, the baby was healthy and we were going to name her Bonnie Ali, after both our mothers. We were so young and happy. then came time for the delivery, everything up until that moment was perfect."

"We had it all planned out, we were going to move in together, we had bought all the baby stuff and my mom was beyond excited, then the unfortunate happened, and one day i had them both, the other, i lost them. At that moment i felt like that eight year old boy again, broken and wondering, i remember wondering, Why, why, why did bad things always happen to me. I went away, away from everyone, i busied myself with building more Tech and diving into my work. Chelsea had seek me out and we know how that went, i almost fell in her trap.  After that i felt like i was changing the world yet i felt so empty inside, until one day."

And eyebrow of hers lifted making her look so cute. " Until one day i was standing in my office and in walked a woman wearing  a navy blue skirt ,white buttoned up shirt and sneakers. Never before had i ever seen someone interview someone dressed like that. And you had this hibiscus behind your ear."

"Which you snatched off." She snorted.

"I'm sorry for that, but you were so cute that it was distracting, it was years since i'd allowed myself to feel anything for anyone, then you showed up looking all bubbly and nervous. you were the cutest thing i'd ever since but yet you somehow make it all sexy."

Her eyes widened slightly and her mouth fell open. 

"You had this ray of sunshine too you, and i was like an locked up warehouse that had a no trespassing sign. You can into my life and i swear from the moment i met you i knew you were going to change my life. i didn't know how but i knew you would. after that interview i had to see you again, so i invited you to my photo shoot and pushed you around a little, i wanted to see what your reaction would be."

"Then i had you write that story on the  Dover twins, i-i, whether i had met you are not i was going o have the story out, but you were there and i thought why not, they the night progressed and ..."

"We did the tango and i got pregnant." she mumbled.

"Yeah, when you told me you were pregnant, i- i couldn't believe it. I was happy, then i was scared i was afraid of going through with you what i had with Francine. but you guys came through and somewhere along the lines, i fell for you Laura."

"I didn't know how to handle my feelings with you so i just buried them but you're you. You're  caring, and sweet, understanding and you're just, you're perfect. To me, you're like a firefly, you light up my darkness. And Laura, I don't want you to think that just because you're the mother of my kids that that's the reason why i love you. I've fallen in love with you for who you are, you make me a better person and-" I didn't even know when she had gotten up from her chair but the next thing i knew was that her lips were on mine.

her arms wrapped around my body as our lips moved together, my heart was hammering through my chest, explosions went off around us everything felt so right.

"I love you too Ross, I've loved you for a while." her eyes were teary when she pulled away from me

a smile stretched across my face as i looked at her, so overwhelmed that all i could do was kiss the hell out of her. I was crazy for her, everything about her felt so right. She was savior. My anchor.

We made it to bed and all we did was stare at each other "I love you."

"I love you."she said back wrapping her arms around me.

And it was in that moment that i knew my life was falling into place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I did that?