Reunited

Chapter 1

Annie Pov.

Year of the 74th Annual Hunger Games

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I scream and I sit up.

Finnick rubs my back, "Annie, Annie you're okay."

I nod my head. "I know, I'm with you."

He hugs me and holds me in his arms "We need to get ready, you know what today is." He reminds me.

I get out of bed and get my dress for the reaping. Finnick is 23 now, I'm 22. We're still happy together, we don't even really fight anymore. I've gotten worse with my issues, the doctors were right when they said that it would get worse as I aged. It's okay though because I have him, he's spent a lot of money on keeping me healthy. I've gave him money to use but he doesn't use it. He buys me medicine and some kind of piece of jewelry every-time he's in the Capital. I have a whole box of different necklaces, bracelets, and rings (none of them are engagement or wedding rings). We go down to the reaping, I sit with Finn, Mags, Kim, Xavier, and Nixon. Xavier won six years ago when he was seventeen, and Nixon won four years ago, Finn mentored both of them. Nixon was eighteen when he was chosen, so he's 22 now. Xavier was sixteen when he went in, so he's 22 too. Mags is a lot older now, Finn and I are scared that we could lose her any day now. She's like a mother to all of us, she has practically raised us over the past years because we were still kids. All six of us are like a small, happy family. Obviously Finn was worried about other guys in our group of friends because of his jealousy, but he doesn't care because Nixon is dating Kim now and Xavier has a girlfriend named Cassandra or Cass for short. We go to the reaping and we all sit next to each other. Pearl calls up a girl whose about fourteen. She has dark brown hair, which isn't common in four. The hair colors are usually blonde, light brown, or red. She has brown eyes and she's about five foot two. She is kind of skinny, but not super skinny. The boy is tiny. He has to be twelve, but he looks like he could be nine. He has red curly hair, and red freckles, he's probably four foot eight. He's very skinny. The other tributes are going to have to look down to see his face he's so short. They say their goodbyes and get on the train. Finnick always introduces all of us, it's almost like his job now.

"Hi, I'm Finnick, this is Annie, Mags, Kim, Nixon, and Xavier." he points to all of us.

"I'm Daniel." the boy says.

"I'm Sandy." the girl says.

"I'm going to mentor you Daniel." Nixon tells him. Daniel nods his head.

"I'm going to mentor you." Kim tells Sandy. I mentored the girl last year so it's Kim's turn. Mags doesn't mentor the tributes anymore because we don't make her. She still has to go on the trip though. Because there are so many victors in four, the bedrooms for the mentors now have two beds. Xavier and Nixon share a room, Mags and Kim share a room, and Finnick and I share a room. I'm glad I don't have to mentor this year. It's always hard, the last girl I got out alive was Kim. Finnick is a great mentor, he got Nixon and Xavier out. I've only gotten Kim out alive. I go in my room and fall asleep but eventually wake up from a flashback and Finnick relaxes me until I fall back asleep.