Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Finnick Pov.

The interviewers get here. Annie puts on a pretty ocean blue dress and I put on a matching suit. We sit on the couch as one of the men asks us questions.

"So, how have you been?" He asks.

"Well, we've been okay." Annie says. Oh darn it! Her ring!

"So we've wanted to ask you something, what's that little ring? Did Finnick finally purpose?" he asks.

"No!" we both say at once.

"You don't have to deny it. We thought you might want to keep it secret so we brought a jeweler with us." the jeweler looks at her ring for about a minute.

"This is absolutely an engagement ring." he confirms and the interviewer smiles proudly.

"It is an engagement ring, it's just pretty and our favorite colors that's why I got it." I tell them.

"Can you explain this?" he asks, showing us the video of my proposal. I hate them more and more every day.

"We were engaged," Annie starts. Why did she say were? "But, we have been arguing a little lately, so, I called it off for now." she lied for me, because she knew I would want her to.

"Well I hope you guys can sort this out because we would be more than happy to throw the wedding for you." the interviewer tells us.

Annie has a 'flashback'.

"Are you alright?" I ask. "We will be right back."

I carry her upstairs and we follow the plan. In five minutes we're at the beach, in the water. We splash each other, and swim side by side.

"Thanks." I tell her when we come out from the water.

"For?" she asks.

"Lying to them about the wedding. Unless you weren't kidding about calling it off." I say nervously.

"No I'm not calling it off." she rolls her eyes. "Even though I don't like lies, I'd still lie for you. I know you want to have a Capital free wedding. I do to."

I smile and hug her. We dry off and lay on the beach.

"You think they're gone?" I ask.

"You think we can spend the night here?" she asks. "Like when we met."

"Sure." we use the towels as blankets and fall asleep on the sand. I remember meeting her.

"Sorry, I'm kind of a clutz." She explains.

"Thank you, you saved my life." She says.

"Don't sweat it, so you can't be from 4 when your from 4 you are born a swimmer." I say.

"Actually I'm from 6" she says she takes a pause before speaking again. "Aren't you going to rad me out to the peacekeepers now?!" She exclaimed.

"Why would I do that?" I ask.

"Why wouldn't you do that?" she asks.

"Wow, do the other districts hate us as much as people say?" I ask her.

"Well you are the capital's lapdogs." She says.

"Aren't you nice to the people who save you?" I say sarcastically.

"I'm sorry" she says "It's just hard and unfair how we're treated and you guys have it so easy."

"Everything's not perfect here either you know?" I tell her.

"We got off on the wrong foot can we maybe try to get to know each other better?" She asks desperately.

"My name is Finnick" I say, "Finnick Odair."

"Annie" she says.

"Annie" I smile at her. "I like that name."