Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Finnick Pov.

My heart races as I wait for Annie to come out of the elevator. I see the doors open, she comes out and looks around. She covers her mouth with her hands. She walks over to me. I grab her left hand and say, "Annie, we've been through bad times, good times, happy times, sad times, and the only reason I was able to get through them was you."

I'm trying to get through this without crying my eyes out, and it's not helping because she starts crying.

"I want to tell you that, you're my best friend, the love of my life, everything I've always wanted and more." now I start tearing up.

"I don't want to spend the rest of my life with anyone else in the world. So, what I want to ask you is, Annie Cresta, will you marry me?" I ask, and I'm honestly scared that she's going to say no.

"Yes." She says and I feel like I was holding my breath and I finally let it go.

I kiss her and spin her around. "I love you."

"I love you too. Was this a good surprise?" I ask and she smiles.

"The best."

"There's one more thing I want to let you know." I say.

"What's that?" She asks.

"We can't tell the capital. They'll want to broadcast the whole thing, plan it, it won't be fun, it won't be what we like. It will be what they want us to do." I tell her.

"Is this about the capital getting involved, or them being upset that you're not legally single anymore?" she asks.

"No, Annie, they'll ruin everything. You told me that we wouldn't argue about this anymore, that you would trust me. Please just, don't say anything about this, they'll take away an important day in our lives." I explain.

She sighs, "So should I not wear this when we're here?" she points to her ring.

"You can wear it, but don't tell them it's an engagement ring." I tell her.

She nods her head, "sorry, I just, thought that maybe you liked some other girl here and didn't want her to know you're getting married."

"Annie, have you seen the girls here?" I ask and she laughs.

"I'm excited to marry you Finn." she tells me and I hug her.

"I'm excited too."