Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Annie Pov.

I wake up and I have no idea where I am. First thing I feel is the I. V. in my arm. I look around more, I see Finnick laying his head on the bed, holding my hand. I look at the white sheets on the bed. I'm in the hospital. I know I had to have done something to myself. I take my other hand and rub Finnick's head and he wakes up, I notice his red eyes that are still filled with tears.

"Annie, you're okay? Do you feel okay?" He asks.

"I feel normal, I just have a headache." I tell him. "What happened to me?"

--------------------------------------

'Earlier this day'

I have a flashback, everything goes black, I run. I see the other tributes from my games trying to kill me, I don't know what's happening, I just know I have to run. I fall to the ground after I run straight into the glass window. The force field throws me back, I see blood covering me and the floor and I know it's mine.

--------------------------------------

"I ran into a glass window?" I ask.

"You would've fell out if it weren't for the force field." He tells me.

"I'm sorry." I apologize.

"It's okay, I'm just glad you're okay." he says, sitting next to me on the bed.

"I think I'm okay, but I probably scared you to death." I say.

He gives me a small, sad smile, "you did."

"Was I electrocuted?" I ask.

"No, the force fields are put up there so that you don't die, if they electrocuted you, you would die." he explains.

"Oh."

"You sure you're okay?" he double checks.

"Yea, I'm fine." I tell him.

"Okay, you should probably get some rest." he says.

"Can you-" I start.

"I will." he stays with me.