Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Annie Pov.

We walk to the elevator, while he holds my hand with my ring. I keep looking at it, it's so perfect. He could've gave me a ring made out of tin foil and I still would've thought it's the prettiest thing ever.

"Like your ring?" he asks.

"It couldn't be more perfect." I tell him.

He smiles, "I'm not bad at picking jewelry huh?"

"Nope." I stand on my toes and kiss his cheek.

The elevator doors open and all the other victors from four are standing there.

"So did you say yes?" Kim asks. I show her my ring. "I take that as a yes. Can I be your maid of honor?"

I laugh a little. "Yes, who else would I let be my maid of honor?"

"No one!" she says and I laugh a little more.

I go in my room and change out of my dress into my pajamas. I hear a knock on my door.

"Is my beautiful fiancé in here?" Finnick asks.

I giggle and open the door. I wrap my arms around his neck and he hugs me back. We turn on the TV. We sit on the bed, there's nothing on so we just watch reruns of the tribute parades. I fall asleep in Finnick's arms.

"You may now kiss the bride." says the pastor.

Finnick lifts my veil and leans in to kiss me, he stops and his face turns into Snow's face. "You didn't think I'd let him get married do you?"

I try to yell at him but my voice is gone.

"I know this was supposed to be a wedding, but change of plans, now it's a funeral." he points to the real Finnick, who is hanging by his neck. I still can't scream.

I wake up screaming.

"Whoa, whoa, it's okay." Finnick tells me.

I shake my head, "no, no it's not." He looks at me confused, "Finn, what if Snow kills you for marrying me?" I ask.

"Annie, he won't know, I'll make sure he doesn't find out. I promise I'll do anything to make sure this works." he tells me. "What happened in your nightmare?"

"He killed you at the wedding." I tell him.

"Annie, it won't happen." I nod my head, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."