Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Finnick Pov.

"Oh yea, I forgot to tell you, she's not Cresta anymore," I tell Haymitch. He looks at me confused. "We got married a few days ago."

"Sweet, better not tell the Capital."

"What else can they do to us?" I ask.

"You gotta point," he takes a drink from his flask. "But he could just torture you in that arena. Speaking of the arena," he starts to whisper in my ear. "You're getting out, you need to protect Katniss and Peeta. Johanna, Beetee, Wiress, and Mags are in on it. We even got the morphlings from six to help us. Eight, nine, ten, and eleven are ready to help too. The rebels are going to get as many as they can out of the arena."

"So basically everyone but one and two?" I ask.

"Yea that would've been shorter." he chuckles. "Also, do me a favor and try to bug Katniss."

"What do you mean 'bug Katniss'?" I ask.

"She doesn't want allies, I think she should see your personalities. I'm going to give you this, put it on as your token before the arena." He hands me a gold bracelet. "She'll know she can trust you as long as you wear it. It's like my stamp of approval."

"Will do, see you later Haymitch."

"Oh and I'm sorry if you get in trouble with... Your wife." he laughs.

"I probably will be asked a bunch of questions, I hope she doesn't yell at me though." I laugh too.

"Just say, 'Yes Annie'. That's the key to a successful marriage," we laugh a little more. "Congrats Odair." he leaves and I stay up there for a second. I go downstairs and see Annie sitting on the couch.

"So, what did Haymitch tell you that I can't know?" she asks as soon as she sees me.

"I don't know why he wanted you to leave, he was just telling me that he wanted me to team up with Katniss." I tell her a piece of the story.

"Ah huh. Sure, that's all." she rolls her eyes.

"Annie, you're not saying I'm lying are you?" I ask.

"I think you're leaving out information." she tells me. She knows me way too well.

"I'm not leaving anything out. Haymitch knows that you don't like talking about the games, that's all." I lie.

"Fine, you're off the hook for now." She smiles at me a little.

I go to sleep and hear her screams. She doesn't even have time to get out of bed before I'm there, holding her in my arms.