Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Annie Pov.

I hang out with Kim. We sit down at the dining table and talk.

"Since you've been spending all your time with Finnick," she teases me playfully.

"Yea, yea." I say and wave my hand because I don't care.

"I haven't told you how adorable your wedding was," I smile at her. "Seriously, that was the most emotional wedding I've ever been to, and I've been to three of them not including yours."

"Thanks Kim."

"Do you think that Nixon and I would ever get married?" she asks.

"How am I supposed to know?" we laugh.

"I guess what I'm asking is, do you see what you and Finnick have when you look at us?" she asks.

"I don't know... I don't know what Finnick and I have to be honest, I just know that we are, in love I guess." I blush as I respond.

"See! Sometimes I wonder if we'll have what you guys have. When you talk about him you smile, you blush. When he talks about you he's practically day dreaming," I laugh because it's true. "Honestly, I don't know if that's what we have..."

"Kim, you haven't been dating that long. Finnick and I, it took us two, almost three years before we loved each other,"

She cuts me off, "I think you loved each other way sooner you just didn't admit it right away,"

I cut her off, "Nah ah!"

"Yea! You guys are both so stubborn!" she tells me.

"Okay, I guess you're right. I knew I was in love when," I start describing one of our memories.

"See?! See how you talk about him?!" she asks/yells.

"Yes, I think you just need to wait a little longer." I tell her.

"That's the thing, I kinda like someone else..." she starts.

"Who?!" I probably sound like some teenage girl right now.

"You cannot tell or I will kill you!!" she whispers.

"My lips are sealed," I smile.

She whispers in my ear, "Xavier."

"What?" I ask.

"Don't tell!" she yells.

"Don't tell what?" Xavier comes out of his room.

"Don't tell on me for eating the last cookie in the jar, you caught me!" Kim lies and I laugh.

"We don't have a cookie jar," Xavier starts.

"Whatever Xavier, it's none of your business." I laugh again.

"Annie, what's so funny?" he asks.

"Nothing," I'm still cracking up.

"Annie, I know how bad you are at keeping secrets," he says. I make my face go serious but I start laughing again. "Am I going to have to tickle you to get the answer?"

"Tickle me Xavier, and you will strongly regret it." I threaten him.

He walks closer to me and makes his fingers curl so that they look like he's going to tickle me. I run into my room and lock the door as I continue to laugh.

"Open up Annie!" he yells.

"What are you going to do about it?" I ask.

"I... Um... Don't know," he laughs.

"Exactly." I tell him. I run in the
bathroom and lock the door.

"Please tell me Annie," he pouts.

"Hmm, let me think about that," I could practically see the hope in his eyes. "No!"

"Annie! I thought you were my best friend," he pouts more and I laugh.

"Yea, okay Xavier," I roll my eyes.

"Please tell me!! You always bug Finnick about secrets! You're keeping them from me!" he yells.

"First of all, this is totally different, second of all, I made a promise and if I break it I'd be lying so therefore I'm not telling you!" I yell.

I hear Kim's laugh.

"Kim will you tell me?" he asks.

"Heck no!" she yells.

I laugh.

"You guys are mean!" he yells and we laugh.

I come out of my room. "Fine I'll tell you," Kim looks at me like she's going to strangle me.

"Yay!" He exclaims.

"Kim thinks Peeta Mellark is cute," I lie.

"That's all?" he asks sadly and I nod my head. "Girls are so weird, I went through all that trouble to get that as an answer. Every girl in the world thinks he's cute. This was a waste of time." he walks away and I walk over to Kim.

"You fooled him," she whispers.

I laugh, "Yup! You didn't think I'd tell him did you?"

"I was afraid for a second." she admits.

I smile at her and tell her, "Don't worry Kim, I'll always have your back."