Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Finnick Pov.

We get to the Capital and go to the tribute living quarters. They've had to expand the district four apartment because of the new victors over the years. It's pointless that they send all of the victors every year. Two has the most. We watch the reapings when we get to the apartment. The tributes from district one are named Marvel and Glimmer. Glimmer looks like she spends a full day doing her hair. Marvel is tall and kind of strong. The boy from two is a volunteer of course, he's intimidating. He reminds me of Sam from my arena. The girl from two is short but when she approaches the stage she has a killer grin on her face. The one that stands out most to me is the girl that volunteered from twelve.

"Finn." Annie taps my shoulder.

"Yea?" I ask.

"That girl, she's the one I saw, the one I felt bad for." she tells me. "She's gained a little weight, when I saw her the first time, I could see her bones."

"Why would she volunteer?" Nixon asks.

"The ones from twelve never do." Xavier says.

"Until now." Kim says. "They had the same last name, that's obviously her little sister. Keep up geniuses."

They laugh and I do to. We all go into our rooms, I hear Annie in the middle of the night and we literally run into each other in the hall.

We both laugh a little.

"Last time we hit heads we were eleven." Annie smiles at the memory.

"Yea, that was the best time I've ever hit my head." I laugh a little more.

"Can you stay with me?" she asks.

"After all these years, don't you already know the answer?" I ask sarcastically.

She nods her head, "your answer is always."