Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Finnick Pov.

I feel really, really, really bad lying to Annie again. I can tell she doesn't believe me, she just forces herself to accept my lies. That makes me feel worse. I know that one of the most important things to Annie is trust and I know she feels like she can't trust me. I don't know what I'm going to do, I want her to believe me. I know what I have to do though, when the rebels kill Snow like we planned, I can tell her everything. I know she won't take it well, but I know she'll realize that I didn't want to lie to her and that I can be honest. I don't know how to keep hiding things from her, I know I have to but I want to tell her everything. She wakes up and hugs me.

"You okay?" I ask.

"I can't just hug you for the heck of it?" she asks, smiling a little.

"No, of course you can. I love your hugs." I tell her. "Thanks for, trusting me."

"Of course I trust you, it's not easy, but there's only one thing you hide from me," two things, I think to myself. "And the reason you hide it from me is so that I don't get killed."

"Thanks for being so understanding. I felt bad because I thought you were gonna have a huge outburst on me." I tell her and she laughs a little.

"I've learned that it's better to enjoy our time together while we can, and try our hardest to avoid all arguments." she says, "even though you're very difficult sometimes."

"I'm difficult? Really?" I ask sarcastically and smirk.

"Yea, yea, I know we're both difficult. But you're worth it."

"You're worth it too." I say. We hear a knock on the door. "I'm sorry, we can't get to the door right now, leave a message and we'll get back to you as soon as we can, thanks, goodbye!"

Annie laughs.

"It's Pearl, the interviews are tonight! Now stop being so rude Finnick Odair and answer the door!" Pearl yells and Annie laughs harder. Times like this reassures me that she's not gone.

I open the door, "Yesss." I smile too innocently.

"Here are your outfits for tonight." she hands me the matching suit and dress, "Be on time this year please."

"That was one time!" I look back at Annie, "You're late one time and she doesn't let it go." I point to Pearl.

"Manners! Pointing is rude!" she yells. I burst into laughter and so does Annie. She closes the door on my face.

I open it back up and yell in Pearl's voice, "Manners Pearl! Manners!"

She turns around and gives me a mean look that makes me laugh more.

"You're always finding ways to make me laugh." Annie smiles.

"Well, one of my favorite things to hear is your laugh." I smile at her and her cheeks turn pink from blushing.

"I hate when you make me blush," she rolls her eyes. "It's embarrassing."

"I think it's cute." I tell her.

"Now you're just trying to make me blush." she smiles, her face goes serious and I know she's going to say or ask something that's not a joke. "Finn, what would one of us do if we lost the other?"

"Annie, I promise you won't lose me." I promise her.

"Finn, you can't promise things like that. You don't know what's going to happen in a day, a week, a month, a year. You never know." she says, unconvinced.

"You can't lose someone, as long as you hold on to pieces of them, and keep your memories, you'll be okay." I tell her, I know she thinks about this stuff a lot because she's afraid of losing me.