Chapter 67

Chapter 67

Finnick Pov.

I feel a lot better after telling her everything. I thought she might be a little mad, but she just felt sorry for me. It was odd seeing her jealous for the first time though. It's funny how after all these years of me trying to make her admit to being jealous of something she never was. And now she is, I wonder what she was thinking when I was telling her these things. I'm glad she knows now, and that she trusts me. I keep my arms around her as she still sleeps, but I just lay my head close to hers. Her hair smells good, like coconuts. Is it weird that I'm smelling her hair? I smile at the thought. It probably is weird but I don't care, it smells good.

She turns around, "Why are you smelling my hair?" she asks and laughs at me.

"I thought you were asleep..." I say.

"I made you blush." she taunts me.

"Well excuse me, it smells good!" I tell her.

"Thanks." she says.

"Coconuts?" I ask.

"Either you have a really good nose, or you've been smelling my hair for longer than I thought." she says.

I laugh. "Sleep okay?"

"Yea, this is the best sleep I've got in a while." She tells me.

"Me too."

"I missed you," she says.

"I missed you more." I say.

"I missed you most." She says.

"I doubt that, ask anyone, you're all I could think about or talk about." I tell her.

"You're all I thought about too." she tells me.

"Even now you're all I think about." I tell her.

"I feel like I fall in love with you more and more every day, if that's even possible." she says.

"You're dress was really pretty yesterday." I tell her.

"Your favorite color," she says.

"Yea, my favorite color."

"Finn, do you have to go to the Capital for the war?" she asks.

I remember Plutarch mentioning the possibility of me going. I can't lie to her, she promised me her trust, I promised her the truth. "It's a possibility, Annie. But I'll be careful if I have to go, I won't let this stop me from getting back to you. Because we've been through harder things than this. And you'll be safe."

"Can't you tell Plutarch that you want to stay?" she asks. "I thought you did all you were supposed to do for the rebels, you kept Katniss and Peeta alive. I thought that was your only job."

"If they don't have enough people, I will have to go, Annie." I tell her.

"You can't leave me, not again." she says.

"Annie, I'll never leave you. Even if I wasn't here, you'd always have me. Our hearts, they're practically one now. As long as your heart beats, I'm with you."

"I.. I know. But having you here, with me, that's important to me too." she says.

"I know, Annie. Don't worry I'll make sure I come back."

She nods. We get ready for lunch, we missed breakfast so we could be in trouble, but I don't think anyone noticed, otherwise they would've came here. We walk and sit with Delly, a girl from twelve, Johanna, and Katniss and Gale join us. Peeta then comes up behind Johanna.

"Peeta! So nice to see you... out and about!" Delly says.

He has an extremely painful looking pair of handcuffs on.

"What's with the fancy bracelets?" Johanna asks.

"I'm not quite trustworthy yet, I can't even sit here without your permission." Peeta tells us.

"Sure he can sit here, we're old friends." Johanna tells his guards. "Peeta and I had adjoining cells, we're very familiar with each other's screams."

Annie covers her ears with her hands. Right away I wrap both of my arms around her, and give Johanna a look.

"What? My doctor says I'm not supposed to sensor my thoughts, it's part of my therapy." she tells me.

There's a long awkward silence, I keep whispering the words "I love you" and "you're safe" in her ears until she moves her hands away.

"Annie," Delly says. "Did you know it was Peeta that decorated your wedding cake?"

"Thank you, Peeta. It was beautiful." she tells him.

I see the look he's giving her, it better go away. "My pleasure, Annie."

"We better get going," I say, getting mine and Annie's tray in one hand, keeping my other around her. "Good seeing you Peeta."

"You better be nice to her, Finnick. Or I might try and take her away from you." Peeta tells me.

Does he want to die? How does he even have the guts to say that to me? Maybe he has more problems than I thought.

"Oh Peeta, don't make me regret restarting your heart." I notice Katniss's face full of sadness, I shoot her a look, saying that I'm sorry for her. I walk away with Annie, holding her closer and tighter.

"You were so mean to him," she tells me and laughs. "He didn't mean that, he's just... not himself right now."

"Hey, no one is taking you away from me." I tell her.

"I know, I don't want anyone to." she says.

I kiss her and we go back to our compartment.