Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Finnick Pov.

"You're a game-maker?" I ask, still pretty shocked at who is standing in front of me.

He chuckles, "Yes. I've been organizing a rebellion since I found out about district thirteen. When I became a game-maker I decided to try to find out whatever I could about Snow. I knew you would be someone who would want to get revenge on Snow. Everyone in this room despises him."

I look around the room. I see Johanna, my good friend. I always feel bad for Johanna, she had to do what I do now. The Capital wanted her just like they wanted me, but she didn't do it. So Snow killed everyone she loved. I look lucky compared to her. I know that I have to do this though, or else Annie and Mags will die. He might even kill Xavier, Kim and Nixon. I also see Haymitch, who I'm shocked to see. He doesn't seem like he has time to do this, since he spends all of it drinking. Nuts and Volts. The brainiacs from three that won their games by electrocuting every one. The morphlings from six, Blight who is also from seven, and many other victors. I don't know some of the people. There's about thirty people, not including myself and Mags.

"District thirteen?" I ask, remembering the place burned to the ground after the first rebellion. "I thought they were... Blown up."

"So did we. They're still there, underground. It's safe from being bombed again. We are working with them and their president, Alma Coin." He tells me.

Mags and I make our way to the couch with Plutarch and I sit with Johanna.

"Thanks for telling me." I whisper sarcastically.

She rolls her eyes.

"So I'll explain some things. We are going to recruit Katniss Everdeen. She hates Snow just as much as us, if not more. This is Katniss's stylist, Cinna." he points to the man who I know is from the Capital even though it's hard to believe. He is wearing a simple black outfit with some gold eyeliner. That's beyond plain compared to the other people here. Plutarch is also simply dressed.

"How are we going to recruit her?" I ask.

"We're waiting for the right opportunity. But I am going to talk with Seneca Crane, the head game-maker. I'll make sure that her and Peeta get out of the arena." he tells us.

"How are both of them going to get out?" I ask.

"I'll let Haymitch explain that." he says.

"Peeta is going to confess his love for Katniss during his interviews. Seneca will hopefully want to get them out so that the Capital is happy that the star-crossed lovers from district twelve got out of the arena." he explains.

"Does he really love her?" I ask. Not that this is even the most important question to be asked.

"Since kindergarten." Haymitch responds and raises his glass of some kind of achol and drinks it. When is his hand not holding a glass?

They tell me more. Everyone leaves but before I walk out Plutarch grabs my shoulder. "It's best for Annie's safety if you don't tell her. We don't think she would be able to handle the situation properly. For now, just keep it between us and the other people that were here." he tells me.

"But I told her no more secrets other than the Capital stuff. Plutarch I can't keep lying to her." I say, fighting back the tears. He's another person asking me to keep secrets from her.

"She will find out soon enough. Right now it's better if we wait." he says.

I look at him angrily. "Great. Perfect. More people telling me to keep things from my fiancé." Whoops, I didn't mean to say fiancé. Great Finnick. You messed up again.

"You're fiancé?" Plutarch asks. I nod, it's pointless trying to back pedal when you already blurted something out. "Would you mind putting the wedding on hold?"

"Why?" I ask crossing my arms.

"We would be able to film the wedding and use it against the Capital. I would have to work out some details but, it would be helpful." he explains.

I look at him in disgust. "Aren't you already asking enough?" he gives me an understanding look. Maybe he does feel bad for making me keep more secrets. "We're going to get married when we want, but if we have to do a 'second wedding' we will. We could say it's our first though."

"Fine by me." he agrees. "I'll see you next week Mr. Odair."

I nod my head and leave. When do I get a break from secrets? I guess I know the answer, when we bring Snow down.