Chapter 58

Chapter 58

Annie Pov.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" I hear Peeta's scream.

I cry again, no matter how many times I hear it, I never get used to it.

They throw him back into his cell next to mine.

"It's okay, Peeta. You're going to be okay." I tell him after my tears go away.

He nods his head quickly. "I hope Kantniss is okay."

"I'm sure she's okay." I tell him.

He closes his eyes that are usually full of kindness, when they open they look angry, they make him look like a different person. "Where is she?!" he growls.

"Whhoo?" I ask nervously.

"That mutt!!!!" he yells.

"Whose a mutt, Peeta?" I ask.

"Katniss!" he screams. He closes his eyes and he opens them, he starts to cry. "I miss her."

"Peeta? You just said that she was a mutt. Are you okay?" I ask.

"Katniss isn't a mutt, why would you say that?" he asks.

I look at him confused, I know the Capital is messing with his mind. But I'm confused as to how they're doing it. I've never seen him like this.

Then I hear Johanna's screams and I whimper a little. I hear the water splash onto her, very forcefully, and then the electric sound. They've been electrocuting her. Not strong enough to kill her, just strong enough to hurt her.

She's thrown into her cell too. I'm taken out now.

"Have any useful words?" He hisses in my ear.

I pull my head away from him. "No."

They bring in a little girl. I close my eyes. "Open your eyes!" he yells.

"Don't you ever feel guilty for what you're doing to people? Don't you have any regrets for killing a child in front of me everyday? How would you feel if roles were reversed?" I ask, hoping to get him to stop.

He looks into my eyes, sadly. But then shakes his head. "You think I like doing this? Hm? What do you think happens to people who don't follow Snow's orders? The people in the districts aren't the only ones. He threatens people here too. And the only way to protect my three children and my wife and myself, is by doing this." I don't say anything. "Tell us something!" His voice returns to normal.

"No." I say. "I'm sorry!" I yell at the girl before a spear is thrown into her stomach. They give my arm a small, yet deep cut. They throw me back into my cell.

I start to throw up a little, I've had really bad stomachaches lately. The others have thrown up too, but there's always a weird feeling in me. I lay on the floor.

"You're going to be okay Annie." Johanna tells me.

I nod my head and fall asleep on the cold, hard ground.