Chapter 77

Chapter 77

Annie Pov.

I make myself some breakfast while Little Finn is still asleep. I sit down ready to eat, but I'm interrupted when I hear a knock on the door. I wonder who would come over this early. Kim, Xavier, and Nixon wouldn't wake up this early.

I open the door, and Finnick stands there.

"Finn, is it... Is it you?" I ask, I bet I'm just imagining this.

"Of course it's me," he gets closer and I feel his hands on my arms. "You didn't actually think I'd let a few mutts keep me from getting home to you, did you?"

I shake my head and tears fall down my cheeks. "No." I kiss him. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Oh, there's someone you should meet." I tell him.

"You got a boyfriend already?" he asks.

"No, he is a boy though, don't get jealous of this one. I love him just as much as I love you." I tell him.

He looks completely confused. I take him into my room. I cover his eyes and guide him to the bed. I move my hand and he sees Little Finn.

"Is this our son?" he asks.

"Yea," I say.

"I'm sorry Annie, that I wasn't there while you were carrying him, or-"

I cut him off, "you were though, you just didn't know it yet, I didn't either."

"What's his name?" He asks.

"Finn." I tell him. "I call him Little Finn, though." He smiles. "Want to hold him?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

I gently pick him up off the bed and put him in his dad's arms. After about five minutes, he wakes up. He sees Finnick for the first time.

He starts to cry a little, Finnick looks panicked and upset. Finnick passes him back to me.

"Don't feel bad, it's going to take awhile for him to warm up to you. He's kind of attached to me right now." I tell him.

"Okay, I thought he didn't like me or something. Will he like me?" he asks.

I laugh, "Yes, how could he not?"

He laughs a little too. "You seem to be better than I thought you would. I'm glad though, that you're doing so well."

"I wasn't at first, but I knew what you would want me to do. You would want me to take care of myself and the baby so, I tried to pull myself together as best as I could." I tell him.

"You're stronger than I thought you were." he tells me.

"I've always been, I just, didn't have a reason to be with you protecting me. When I was on my own, I needed to become self reliant. I missed you like crazy, but in a way it was good for me."

I sit on the couch with Little Finn on my lap. Finnick kneels in front of us.

"Hey, Finn." he says almost shyly. He covers his eyes with his hands. Then he moves them, and says, "Boo!"

He makes Finn smile for the first time. He keeps doing it. I know they're going to be the best of friends. They already seem alike.

"See, he does like you. And he warmed up to you faster than I thought." I tell him.

"You know him pretty well, for not having him that long."

"I've tried to find out everything about him. He reminds me of you."

"How?" he asks.

"Well, his eyes, his hair color, then there's his personality. He's sweet, he likes his room which is painted like the ocean, it's kind of hard to explain, but when I see him I see you." I tell him.

"Can I try holding him now?" he asks.

I smile, "Yes." I put him in his arms.

He stares at Finnick for awhile, checking him out, trying to see if he's okay or not. It looks like he's scanning him.

"Whoa, little man, what's with the dirty looks?" Finnick asks.

I laugh. "He's 'observing you'."

"Observing me?" he asks.

I nod.

After awhile he starts to look at him normally.

"We should take him to the beach." Finnick says. "Have you taken him before?"

"No, I've thought about it, I just, that was our place, I didn't know if I'd be able to go without drowning in my own tears." I tell him.

"Well, you don't have to worry about that anymore." Finnick says.

We get some stuff to bring for us. On the way there we go into a shop and pick up a little flotation toy for little kids that we're going to put him in. We get to the beach. Finnick passes him to me and sets up our stuff. I walk towards the water with him in my arms. He smiles.

"It's like your room, huh?" I ask him.

I sit down in the water, he looks a little startled at first, but then he leans forward, as if he's trying to go deeper. Finnick walks over to us.

"He already likes the water." I say.

"I can see that."

"I told you he's just like you."

"You're right." he agrees.

I lay him on his stomach and he doesn't cry, I move him to Finnick.

"Good job, Finn." I tell him.

Finnick holds him now. I paddle to where they are Finnick holds me with his other arm.

"I still can't believe you're back." I say.

"I was never gone." he tells me.

I kiss him and then Finn looks at us.

"What?" Finnick asks. "One day, you'll meet a girl too, but she won't be as perfect as your mom."

"Who knows, Finn might be better looking than you." I tell Finnick jokingly.

"That really hurt my ego, but I'm going to pretend you didn't say that." He says and I laugh. "Annie,"

"Yea?" I ask.

"Do you believe me now, that I'll never leave you?" he asks.

"Yes."

He kisses me, and I feel like everything is perfect. I can't believe that we're all together, and now I know, that no matter what happens to either of us, we will always find a way to be reunited.

END OF BOOK FOUR

Next Book: Forever and Always