Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Annie Pov.

When we get back to district four, something feels different. People aren't fishing at the beach like usual. I'm confused. Why aren't they fishing? Don't they know that they could be punished for not doing their jobs? Then I see it, as I sit on the sand, peacekeepers yell at the fisherman who are refusing to fish. I run as I see one of them bring out his whip. I go back to Finnick's house. I still call it Finnick's hous even though it's our house. I go inside and just lay on my bed, staring at the roof like I do every time he is gone.

---------------------------

Finnick Pov.

I get a call from Plutarch. I rush over to the usual meeting spot, and knock on the door.

"Snow let you leave?" he asks, surprised.

I nod, "I have to be back in two hours."

"Plenty of time, we only need thirty minutes or so." I sit down on the couch with the others except Haymitch who is on the victory tour. And Mags who is at home. Home, where I wish I was.

We watch the victory tour, when they get to eleven, they are rebelling after Katniss gives a speech about Rue and Thresh and how they didn't deserve to die. I can't believe what's happening in front of me. They cut it short, but I rush back to the mansion. Not wanting the person I'm doing this for to be punished.

-----------------------------------

A few days later...

When the victory tour stops in district four, Katniss and Peeta read the cards. I see someone's hand, that I've held in mine many times. Lift up three of her fingers, saluting Katniss and Peeta.

"Annie! What are you doing?!" I yell at the TV, remembering what happened to the old man from eleven who did the same. The avoxes look at me like I'm crazy. I get closer to the TV. The peacekeepers push her back, I wish I could get there some how, but I still have two weeks and two days.