Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Annie Pov.

Things aren't that different now that we're married. Other then Finnick always calling me Mrs. Odair or Annie Odair. It always makes me laugh because he seems so happy and proud when he says it. We don't care that people know. We don't care if the Capital finds out. They're most likely going to kill one of us, or both of us. The reaping is tomorrow morning. Tonight is Finnick's birthday. We already threw a little party for him, but now we're at home, sitting by the fire.

"I know you're going to try and cut me off," I say as he looks away from the fire and looks at me. "I just want us to say goodbye to each other... just in case."

He nods sadly in agreement.

"You don't know how much it hurts, thinking that, in about a month, one of us could die. I just want you to know that I couldn't imagine life if we hadn't found each other. I love you Finn, I hate Snow for doing this to you, to me, to the other victors. I don't even know what to do, I wish I could see his picture in the sky instead of a bunch of people that actually deserve to live a good life."

"Annie," he looks at me and I see his face covered with tears. "You can't say goodbye to me, I just can't handle that word, goodbye. To me it means forever. So I'm not telling you goodbye." Instead he says, "See you later Annie."

"See you later Finnick." I kiss him. This is probably one of the hardest things either of us has done. Us saying goodbye to each other is almost impossible. It's killing me slowly, and painfully. We fall asleep by the fire. Dreading tomorrow.