Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Annie Pov.

"Good morning." I say to Finnick.

"Hi, I gotta go pick something up from the store, I'll be back soon." he says.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

He smirks, "You'll find out eventually."

"Why won't you tell me?" I ask.

"It's a surprise."

"I hate surprises." I mumble.

"I know." he kisses my cheek, "I'll be back soon."

------------------------------------------

Finnick Pov.

Annie is so noisy. I walk to the jewelry store that is about two miles away. I go in and look at the engagement rings. I look around, there are so many choices. I find one that has a sea green gem in the middle and two blue gems on the sides of the green one. It's so pretty, I think she would like this one the best.

"Excuse me?" I ask the lady.

"Yes, Finnick Odair?!" she exclaims.

"Yes, it's me, how much for this one?" I ask and point to it.

"Here, it's free for my favorite victor." She puts it in a box and hands it to me.

"I should pay for it." I insist.

She shakes her head no, "Go on now!"

I leave and put the box in my pocket I go back to the tribute living quarters and Annie is standing in the lobby.

"Why won't you stop being so noisy?" I ask.

"Because, I want to know where you went. I don't like surprises." she rolls her eyes.

"Yes I know but you'll like this one." I tell her.

"I doubt that." she smiles. We walk upstairs, how am I going to keep her from seeing me set it up?