Chapter 60

Chapter 60

Finnick Pov.

Peeta does another interview with Caesar. He tells us that thirteen is going to be attacked, they start beating him and the show ends. Katniss looks scared to death, this scares me, too. Because not only are we going to be attacked, but what if this is how they've been treating Annie? It's too horrible to even imagine what they've done to her, to my Annie who would protect me and pay for it. Even if she knew something she wouldn't tell them. I don't know if they believe her when she says she doesn't know anything, I hope they do. But it's not like the Capital likes her, they don't want me to have a girlfriend, they want me to themselves. She's all I can think about. All I have wanted to do lately is swim, that's the one thing besides using a trident that makes me feel good when I don't have her. I need to swim, and escape into that world where there's no people like Snow. The world that only Annie and I used to go into together, where we were safe from everything. We should've swam somewhere, I'm sure there would've been an island that we could've lived on. I regret almost every decision I've made lately. Because I feel like it's my fault that she's there, being tortured, possibly already dead...

I start to cry softly and silently at the thought. She's all I can think about. Every day, every hour, every minute, every second.