Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Finnick Pov.

I grab Annie's hand and lead her through the crowd of people. I shove my way through and she follows behind me. We finally get inside and the interviewer looks furious. His face is hilarious right now.

"You two have been gone since last night!" he yells and Annie starts to grin. "Where in district four were you?"

"I didn't want her to keep doing the interview. We climbed out the window and walked." I lie.

"So, you didn't sleep?" he asks, probably not fully believing me.

"Nope, we were tired so we came home. Annie isn't feeling well so maybe we can finish the interview some other time." I tell him.

"Okay, you could've just told us instead of running off! Anyways, we will reschedule with you." he tells me.

"Thank you, we'll see you soon I guess." he walks out the door, the reporters stay outside for about an hour so Annie and I just chit chat. We can't have our usual discussions with them outside.

When they finally leave, Annie walks over to me as I start making dinner.

"I never thought I'd say this, but thanks for lying."

"I have no problem lying to the Capital, I just don't like lying to you." she hugs me. "And if somehow, things change I will tell you everything."

"You would really tell me everything?" she asks.

"Yea, I've hated having to keep secretes from you. I promise, I'll find a way to tell you all of them."

"I can't believe you would tell me everything." she says.

"Well, believe it." I smile at her. I look at the music player sitting on the table.

I click one of the buttons and I grab her hands and dance with her.

"I'm a horrible dancer." she tells me.

"You don't have to be good to slow dance." she puts her arms on my shoulders and I hold her and we move back and forth. "See, you're doing just fine."

"Is this practice for the wedding or something?" she asks.

"No, I just felt like dancing with you."