Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Annie Pov.

I wake up on the beach. The sand is so soft, softer than any mattress. I look at Finnick who is still asleep. Should I pull a little prank on him? I smirk. I take the beach bag and find a bottle of water. I feel the water that's already in it, too warm. I go in the ocean, I fill the bottle with the cold water. I creep up on him and dump the water right on his head.

He screams, "What the heck was that for?!"

"Good morning." I smile.

"You know I'm going to get you back." he threatens me.

"Go ahead." I tell him.

He picks me up and walks deep into the water. He practically throws me in. I pretend like I can't catch my breath.

"Annie, Annie you okay?!" he asks, scared. So gullible.

I push his head under the water.

"You're so mean!" he yells and then laughs as he comes out of the water.

I laugh too. "Should we go back?"

"I want to stay right here," he tells me.

"Me too, but we have to go back sometime right?" I ask.

"Why, we have plenty of food here." he jokes pointing to the fish swimming around us. "Yea we should probably get back, right after this!" he dunks me again.

I come out of the water and as the waves come in I paddle out there.

"Where are you going?" he yells.

I swim out to the waves and let them push me past him, half way to shore. "Race ya!" I yell. I make it there seconds before him.

"Doesn't count, I let you win."

"You never let people win. I know I won." I brag.

"A wave helped you!" we laugh and go back home. Reporters and interviewers swarm our house.