Chapter 59

Chapter 59

Finnick Pov.

I walk around and I see Katniss. I'm only wearing my hospital gown and some underwear. Technically we're not supposed to wear clothing like this in public, but right now I'm technically 'mentally ill' which basically means that I can get away with anything. I don't have to follow my schedule, I can just do whatever. I wanted to go with the others, but when I asked Plutarch and the others they said no.

"Katniss, they won't let me go! I told them I'm fine but they won't even let me ride in the hovercraft." I tell her.

She smacks her forehead, "Oh, I forgot. It's this stupid concussion. I was supposed to tell you to report to Beetee in special weaponry. He's designed a new trident for you."

My face lights up at the thought of holding a special trident. I didn't think they would let me use a trident right now since I'm kinda messed up. "Really what's it do?" I ask excitedly.

"I don't know. But if it's anything like my bow and arrows, you're going to love it. You'll need to train with it, though." She says.

"Right, of course. I guess I better get down there." I start to walk in that direction.

"Finnick?" she asks. "Maybe some pants?"

I look down at my legs, kind of forgetting that I'm not wearing much. "Why? Do you find this, distracting?"

"I'm only human, Odair." she tells me.

I laugh to myself and walk to my assigned living quarters. I put on some normal clothes instead of a hospital gown. I head down to special weaponry.

"Finnick, nice to see you." Beetee says.

"Hello, Beetee. So, where's this trident Katniss was telling me about?" I ask.

He laughs, "I think you'll enjoy it."

He guides me to a section with all kinds of tridents. They all look amazing. But one stands out, it's gold colored, the points are incredibly sharp, it's deadly, but still a beautiful weapon.

"I like this one," I tell him, pointing to my dream trident.

"I know, that's why it's yours." he takes it off the rack and hands it to me.

"Thanks," I feel a weird vibration when I touch it. "What's that?"

"It recognizes your voice, Katniss's bow is designed the same." He tells me.

"This is amazing, thank you Beetee." I thank him.

"Feel free, to give it a try on some targets." he tells me.

I nod and start throwing it. I retrieve it every time. As I throw it, I forget everything horrible going on, all my bad emotions are released on the dummies. It's a good exercise for me.