Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Finnick Pov.

Tonight, they will have the interviews. I go to get ready. Haymitch told me that all the tributes are trying to say anything they can to stop the games. He told me to try to do the same. Haymitch is kind of in charge of the rebellion right now, Plutarch is busy with the rescue mission as well as designing the games. As Annie and my prep team get me ready, I think about what I want to say. I want to say something about Annie, as a slap in the face to Snow. I wait for my turn in line. Gloss and Cashmere from district one go on together and tell everyone how sad they are because the Capital is like their family. They tell the Capital sorry that one or both of them is going to die. Brutus and Enobaria try to stop the games as well which is surprising, considering they're from two. Beetee from district three questions if it's legal, making Caesar slightly confused because of how smart he sounds. Wiress questions it as well. Caesar calls Mags up who doesn't talk much. He asks her yes or no questions. She shakes or nods her head. Then he calls me, here we go. I walk up on stage, the normal me goes away, I turn into Finnick Odair again, the Capital darling.

"Welcome Finnick," I smirk at him. "I understand you have a message for somebody, a special somebody." he cackles.

My face goes serious, "My love," two words and everyone's screaming. I bet some of the girls think I'm talking about them, in their dreams. "You have my heart, for all eternity, and if I die in that arena," people yell things like 'don't die!' "My last thought will be of your lips." now everyone is screaming my name. I can picture Snow glaring at his television right now. The thought makes me laugh as I walk off stage.

Johanna goes on, and I break out into laughter as she swears at the Capital. Snow can't threaten her anymore. She has no regard for her life, because everything she loved about life is gone. Katniss goes on, everyone is applauding as her wedding dress that Snow made her wear turns into a Mockingjay. But that's not the craziest thing that happened tonight.

"Surely a brief time is better than no time at all?" Caesar asks Peeta.

"I'd think that too, Caesar, if it weren't for the, if it weren't for the," Peeta stutters.

"If it weren't for what?" Caesar begs for an answer.

"If it weren't for the baby." he confesses and everyone's in shock, including me for a moment. Then I remember that this is probably a way to get the games cancelled.

People in the crowd yell things like, "A baby?!" "Cancel it!" They all chant the words, "CANCEL THE GAMES!!!!!!"

Then, something even more incredible happens. I know it won't last, but it's still a great moment in history. The victors, join their hands together, I don't right away, but when Mags offers me her hand I don't deny it. We lift them in the air like Katniss and Peeta did on their first year for the tribute parades. I enjoy it right now, but I know tomorrow we won't be holding hands. When the gong goes off, the bloodbath will start just like every year.