Chapter 71

Chapter 71

Finnick Pov.

One of the soldiers is named Pollux. He is an avox and he has been navigating this whole thing. Boggs has been killed, along with Mitchell. It's sad how they went, and Peeta blames himself for Mitchell's death. But we all knew a few would die. I've been non stop thinking about Annie, I hope she went to the doctor like she said she would. The next place we're going is in these underground tunnels that will lead us right into the streets of the Capital, easy enough. We're about have way through. But coming towards us are mutts. They're like reptiles, like lizards. They come straight towards me. We all start to run. They get Jackson, and then me. I get the first one off, but three more get me. They're on top of me.

"KATNISS!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

I hear her trying to convince Gale to go back, but he tells her that there's no point. I don't think Gale really likes me. But this is pretty low.

They tear pieces of my arms, legs, chest. They're about to go for my head. But I made a promise. I take my trident. Stab it straight up into the mutt above me who dies. I do my best to stay up. I don't know how I'm standing up. I fight them, for a while. It's painful, they bite and tear me more. But I fight them all off.

Jackson is already dead, I was going to try to save her too, but her heart beat is completely silent.

I climb out of the tunnel. My energy is gone and my blood continues to spill out of my body. I've never experienced such a horrible physical pain before. I beg for help. It's the middle of the night, though. An older lady sees me. She let's out a shriek.

"Please help me." I beg.

"I can call someone," she gets out her small phone from her purse and calls for help.

"Thank you." I force myself to say.

I lay there asleep and feel myself being lifted on to something. I feel bandages being quickly wrapped around my body. The only thing getting me through it is Annie. Because I promised that she would see me again.