Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Annie Pov.

(The next day)

I walk down the isle, in my short white dress. It's to my knees it has two skinny straps, the top is covered in careful hand sewn pearls, the bottom is a little poofy. I have a small headband instead of a veil. I get to Finnick who is in a black tux. Kim sits on my side next to Mags, Xavier and Nixon sit on the other. Even though Mags is like family to both Finnick and I, she's on my side because she's a girl, and so that we each have two people.

"We are gathered here today, to join Finnick Odair and Annie Cresta in marriage," the man says and Finnick smiles at me. "If anyone has a reason why these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Xavier jokingly stands up. Finnick shoots him a look. "Just kidding, just kidding, proceed." we laugh.

"Do you Finnick take Annie for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" he asks.

"I do." I smile at him. I've never felt so nervous standing next to him. I feel the butterflies in my stomach that I always feel around him, but right now it's, different.

"Do you Annie take Finnick for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" he asks me.

"I do."

"Have you written your own vows?" he asks. We both nod.

"Do you wanna go first?" I ask, hoping I don't have to go first.

"Ok," he says nervously. He doesn't have any cards or notes, he just starts talking "Annie, since I've laid eyes on you, I've wanted to know everything about you. At first I didn't know if I was going to get along with you, but as you crept up on me, I realized that I was falling for you at a hundred miles an hour. It took awhile for me to realize it. And once I kissed you for that first time on the cheek in sixth grade, I knew. And as I kept getting to know you more and more, I knew that I didn't want to live my life with anyone but you. We've been through the worst, us both being in the games, but our love for each other saved us. We saved each other's lives. You're a gift that the sea brought to me that day. And you have no idea how excited I am to stand here, and how happy I am to marry you." He puts my engagement ring on my finger with my wedding band.

We both start to cry. I look at Mags and Kim who are drowning in tears. I look at Nixon, he starts crying too. Then Xavier. "Thanks a lot Finnick! You're making us guys cry over here!"

We laugh as the tears continuously fall down our face.

"It's going to be hard to get through this," I start and everyone is quiet so that they can hear me. "When I met you, I honestly had no clue that I'd fall for you. All I knew was that I needed someone's help, you took me in right from the start. I thought you were going to be some spoiled career that only dreamed about winning the games. But as I slowly got to know you, I realized that there was a good person there, that cared about me, and his family. It hit me that I was completely in love with you when your name was pulled out of that bowl. I remember all the bad feelings I felt those days you were gone, I didn't know how I would be able to live without you. When I went in the games, I was scared. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to live for you because you won for me. When I won and I realized I was..." I can't think of the next words to say, "different, and you still loved me, I knew that no matter what happened to us, we'd always love each other. When I came to district four, I wasn't expecting to find the perfect guy and fall in love with him, but I'm so unbelievably grateful that I did. Because you are the reason I'm here right now." I put his ring on his finger.

Everyone is crying their eyes out, even the man who is marrying us.

"I have to say, this is the most emotional wedding ceremony I have ever been to, I'm sure you have both wanted to hear these words, so here they are." I stare into Finnick's sparkling sea green eyes that are staring into mine. "I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss your bride."

Finnick kisses me and everyone claps for us. I remember my vows that I said without rehearsal. I didn't come to four to find love, I came to be safe. But I would take love over protection any day.