Chapter 78

Chapter 78

Eight years later...

Annie Pov.

"Finn! Time for school, sweetie!" I call Finn from downstairs.

He comes down in some shorts and a T-shirt. "I'm ready, can I have some breakfast?" he asks.

"Yes, of course. I made you some pancakes. You excited to start school again?" I ask.

"Yea, but I'll miss swimming everyday with you and Daddy." he tells me.

"I know, but we'll still take you on the weekends okay?" I say.

"Pinky promise?" he asks.

I smile, and hook my pinky finger onto his. "Pinky promise."

Finn is a very easy-going kid. He's easy to take care of, he's funny, he's smart, he's a great swimmer, no wonder where he got that from. He's a mirror image of Finnick, but he has some of my qualities too. He's very curious, and he's very loving. There's nothing I don't like about him, when he does do something wrong occasionally, it's hard to punish him because he's so cute and he feels bad right away. He apologizes after he does something. I couldn't ask for a better son.

Finnick comes down the stairs, he wants to take Finn to school with me.

"Good morning gorgeous." he says.

I hug him, "Good morning,"

"Where's my little man?" he asks.

Finn runs over to us and gets in on our hug.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

He nods. We each hold one of his hands and walk with him to his school. He sees a few of his friends.

"Bye Mommy," he hugs me first. "Bye Daddy." then he hugs Finnick.

"Have fun." I tell him.

"I will!" he runs towards his friends.

I turn around with Finnick who puts his arm around me. "How come you always get the first hug?" he asks.

"I don't know," I laugh at his jealousy.

"Want to go out? Maybe to the beach?" he asks.

"Finn will be jealous," I tell him.

"We can take him later on today." he tells me.

"Okay." I agree.

We get our stuff ready and walk to the beach. We run into the warm and salty water.

"Annie, you're a really good mom." he tells me.

"You're a really good dad." I tell him.

"When are we going to tell him? About the games." he asks.

"I... I don't know..." I tell him.

"We have to soon don't we?" he asks.

"Yea, we can tell him when he comes home from school." I say.

"I can do most of the talking, if you want." he says.

"I'll talk too, but I'll leave most of it to you." I tell him.

"Okay." he agrees.

I don't want to tell him, but we can't hide him from it, he's going to learn about it in school.

Finnick and I swim and talk, I feel like I'm a teenager again. I miss Finn, but it's nice spending some time with just Finnick and I. Plus he's probably forgotten about us for the moment, because he's playing with his friends.