Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Annie Pov.

Finnick and I go into our room.

"I don't understand how they are allowed to do this," I start.

"Because he's the president and he can do whatever he wants." Finnick tells me.

"We shouldn't have to do this, we already won,"

He cuts me off again, "Winning isn't the right word. We survived, we didn't win. Look at what Snow makes me do, look at what the games did to you. We didn't win. Winning is when you get a prize because you succeeded at something. We didn't get a reward. We didn't win."

We don't talk for a few minutes but I finally say, "Let's just not talk about this."

"Agreed." He smiles at me.

We eat lunch and we all watch TV in one of the carts of the train. We watch the reapings from the other districts.

District one has Gloss and Cashmere going in, they're brother and sister, they're deadly. Brutus and Enobaria from two, Beetee and Wiress from three, I don't know the people from districts five and six. Blight and Johanna from seven, Woof and Cecilia from eight, I don't know the ones from nine and ten either. Seeder and Chaff from eleven, Katniss from twelve of course, and Peeta volunteered for Haymitch. I bet he volunteered to protect her, I'm sure if Mags didn't volunteer for me and I was going in, Finnick would've volunteered if he wasn't chosen. I wish he wasn't going in, but I didn't want both of us to go in, he would've gotten us to the end, and then killed himself. He's so predictable.

We hang out in the train and wait to get to the Capital.

--------------------------------

The next day...

We get into the new tribute living quarters, made specially for the quell. Tomorrow is the tribute parade but for now we have the day to ourselves.

Finnick takes me up to the roof.

"You know that I'm not going to lose right?" he asks.

"No. I won't find out until later, I know that you have a good chance, but so do the others. I think your biggest competitors are Gloss, Enobaria, Brutus, Johanna, and Katniss." I tell him.

"Yea, they're probably my biggest competition. But please believe in me." He says.

"Of course I believe in you, I'm just scared for you, imagine if I was going in and you weren't. Wouldn't you think there was a good chance I was going to die?" I ask.

"Yea, I guess so." He finally agrees. All this sudden, Haymitch comes up the elevator. "Hi Haymitch."

"Hey Odair, is this-?" he starts.

"Yea this is Annie, Annie you remember Haymitch." Finnick reintroduces us.

"Nice to see you Haymitch." I say.

"You too Cresta. Think Finnick and I could talk up here for a sec?" he asks me.

Finnick looks at me, wanting me to say yes. "Yea, Finn I'll be in my room if you need me."

"Okay, see you in a minute." he kisses me and I go downstairs wondering what they're talking about and why he doesn't want me to be there when they talk about it.