CHAPTER TWO: First Year

*Please comment any mistakes so I can fix them!*

The twins had been rescued by hagrid and brought to professor dumbledore at hogwarts.

Hogwarts is where they spent their lives as children, until they reached the age of 11, when they could officially be first year students.

Professor dumbledore had raised them since they were children, and he considered them to be his niece and nephew. They had never left hogwarts since they arrived, and Lia often wondered what the rest of the world was like.

LIA POV

Today was finally the day

The day I would become a student at the finest wizarding school ever. Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry

I've lived here as long as I can remember. Well, me and Harry that is. We've never even left the castle, uncle never allowed it.

I watch from the window as the small first years travel by boat towards the castle, my classmates!

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I realize it's Harry. He gently wraps his arms around me and I bury my head into his shoulder. "You'll love me no matter what house we're in right? Even if it's slytherin and gryffindor?" I ask him. "I will never stop loving you Lia, I promise." He kisses my forehead and releases me.

"Remember what uncle said about when we are sorted" he asks. "Yes, we are the last to be sorted, we both go up the stairs and stand on opposite sides of uncle while he gives the speech about us." Harry nods. 

Professor Mcgonagall takes Harry and I out into the hallway with the other first years while we wait to enter.

The older students give us odd glares as we walk around the edge of the great hall.

A couple minutes after we are put in the hallway with the other first years the doors to the hall open and we all walk through to the front where the sorting hat is.

Each kid is sorted and at last me and Harry are left. We climb up the steps and stand by uncle.

"Everybody may recognize one of the faces up here today, this is Lia Potter, the girl who lived." Everyone stares in shock at me like they can't believe I'm here.

I hear someone shout "Is it true she has the scar?" Uncle looks to me and nods. I slowly lift up my wavy black hair to reveal my scar, everyone gasps and the hall goes silent. Uncle acts like nothing has happened.

"The face you may not know is her twin brother, Harry Potter." More stunned faces as they realize the similarities. Harry and I have the same jet black hair, but his is straight and mine is curly. We have fair, pale skin and shocking grey eyes. The only difference is that he has monstrous glasses and I have freckles on my nose and under my eyes.

Uncle continues, "these are my niece and nephew, I have looked after them for 10 years now. It is time for them to be sorted and become first years!"

Harry is seated on the stool and the sorting hat is placed on his head. The hat looks confused and starts speaking about how slytherin would work well for Harry, but he starts muttering "not slytherin" and the hat finally screams "GRYFFINDOR" 

Next it's my turn on the stool. I slowly sit down and Harry gives me a reassuring glance from his place at the gryffindor table. Everyone seems uninterested figuring I will be sorted into gryffindor with my brother. As soon as the hat touches my head he says "ooh, same mind as your twin I see, one of you needs success, and I see more success in your future, you will surely do greatest in slytherin. SLYTHERIN"

I look over at Harry and he's smiling, and gives me a reassuring wink. He kept his promise, he still loves me.

The entire hall looks confused. They expected any house but slytherin. Slytherin was the house of the man who gave me my scar, the man who killed my parents. None other than voldemort.