CHAPTER 18: trouble in paradise

A couple more weeks pass and me and ron drifted apart. We never really knew what to talk about.

I left the slytherin common room to go talk to Ron. It was a fun fling in the beginning, but this needs to end.

I enter the common room and ron smiles weakly and beckons me over. He no longer greets me with kisses like he used to.

"Ron we need to talk" I say "I agree" he replies.

"I think we both know that our relationship was fun in the beginning but it's kind of died off. I think it's time to end it" I say "I completely agree" he states.

"I'm glad we end on good terms" I say smiling. "Me too" he grins. "Well I better head back to my common room" I say. Ron nods and stands up gives me a tight hug and says goodbye.

I know what comes next. "go back to Draco. He loves you so much Lia" ron says.

I grin "I think I love him too" ron smiles at me and pats my head laughing. "I'm not a dog you weirdo" I playfully punch him in the stomach.

"Bye dork" I say. "Adios potter" he grins

I'm glad me and ron will still remain friends. I know he has his eye on hermione. It's so obvious.

I arrive back at the common room to a screaming Ivy. Most of the girls were in tears. People crowded around something in the middle of the common room.

What were they looking at?

"EVERYONE GO TO YOUR DORMS" I yell. People obey.

I slowly see what everyone was looking at. Draco lying on the ground. Completely wasted. He fainted.

I can't help but think he was drinking cuz of me.

I quickly brew a potion to remove the alcohol from his system.

Oh Draco why do you have to get yourself into situations like this. Situations where I have to save your sorry ass.

I force feed him the potion and he starts stirring. Slowly moving his head. Then opening his eyes. He sees me standing over him and he smiles. "Lia to my rescue" he says weakly.

"BLAISE" I yell. Soon I see him coming from his room. "Help me bring him to his room" I say. Blaise and I lift Draco and try to go into his room. The door is locked so I decide to bring him to my room. Blaise lays him down on the bed. "Thanks" I say. "No problem" Blaise leaves the room not saying anything else.

I go over and sit down next to Draco. I wipe his hair out of his face. Why does he have to be so goddamn attractive.

Draco opens his eyes "coast clear?" He asks smiling. I laugh and nod. "Sweet!" He sits up and smirks. I roll my eyes "why were you drinking, and who let you get that intoxicated" I ask.

"Well I was drinking cuz I saw you and Weasley snogging in the hallway this afternoon, seriously do you ALWAYS have to have your tongue in his mouth? I don't understand." I roll my eyes. "Well you're gonna find out eventually, but me and ron just broke up, like 20 minutes ago" I say.

Draco's face immediately lights up. "REALLY?" He says. I nod. "Now answer my other question" I say. "Well Blaise was supposed to be watching me, but I kept sneaking extra drinks" he laughs.

"Great job Draco" I roll my eyes and giggle. His eyes light up "really? I'm back to being Draco already? You really can't resist me can you" he says with a wink.

I give him the biggest eye roll yet. Now he's pissed me off. "Malfoy why do you have to be so obnoxious! you're possessive, rude, flat out annoying, and just generally a dirt bag" I know I've done it now. Draco's face goes bright red.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME" he screams furiously.

"I want you to wrap your arms around me and tell me you love me. Tell me everything will be fine and that you will always be here for me" Draco looks surprised by my answer, this is the first sign of affection I've shown him since christmas.

He walks over to me and sits down, giving me a tight hug. He buries his face in my neck and says "Lia. I love you. Everything will be fine and I will always be here to look after you" he whispers.

I turn around, now sitting his lap. I know he's not expecting it but I grab his chin and pull him in to kiss me. It's been weeks, but I could never forget the way Draco kisses me. It's impossible.

Draco smirks against my lips as I let out a soft moan. He knows how much I've wanted this.

We fall asleep, my head on his chest. I forgot how I felt when I was with him. I'm glad he's taught me how to remember.