Chapter 36: How'd it Happen?

*So sorry for not updating in a while, hopefully this will make up for it, this chapter is fairly long. Enjoy!*

LIA POV

Later in the day Draco and I were called down to Professor Dumbledore's office. We walked in and Dumbledore saw Draco and sighed. "Mr. Malfoy, your father is convinced you are dead." he says. Draco's face turn pale and he grabs his left forearm.

"Lia, how did you do it? How do you remove a dark mark?" Professor Dumbledore asks. "H-H-How did you know sir?" Draco asks. Professor Dumbledore just shrugs it off and says "It's no secret your family is made of death eaters, there is no other reason your father would think you were dead unless the dark lord could not contact you. My question is, what do you want me to tell him? That you are dead, or alive?"

Draco looks at me and says "I'd like him to think I'm dead. Tell my mother I am alive. Please, I don't want her upset. I would rather be dead in my father's eyes so I am free to live with Lia and not put her in danger with the dark lord. When this is all over I will tell him."

Dumbledore nods and turns to me. "How did you do it?" he asks. "Harry and I did it sir. We used our marks. Our mother's love saves anyone we touch from Voldemort I suppose." I say.

Professor Dumbledore nods and dismisses us.

When Draco and I get back to the slytherin common room there is no one there. We sit on the sofa by the fireplace and talk. Draco's arm around me and my head on his shoulder. "What will happen if he finds out?" I ask. Draco doesn't answer.

The next day is the first task of the triwizard tournament.

All the champions are sitting in a tent. Draco said good luck to me this morning, he refused to say goodbye, I can tell he is really worried.

We select our dragons out of a hat. Fleur gets the Welsh Green, Krum gets the Chinese Fireball, Cedric gets the Swedish Short-Snout, and I get the Hungarian Horntail.

All the others face their dragons and win, I am the last to go. Finally it is my turn. I step out of the tunnel and see my egg. I almost go to run for it, but then I see my dragon. He's big, ugly, and fire breathing. I duck back into the cave until his fire is gone.

Wand. I need my wand. I pull it out and think, what spell can help me fight against a dragon? I need to distract it somehow, the egg isn't very far away, there are small rocks everywhere...

"AVIFORS" I scream. Suddenly all the small rocks on the ground turn into birds. There must be thousands of them. I order the birds to attack the dragon and fly around his head. The horntail eventually tries to fly away to avoid the birds. The chain breaks and he chases after them.

I rush out of the cave and grab my egg, suddenly, the dragon starts coming back. "Reducio!" I say. The dragon suddenly turns into a pocket sized version of itself. I pick it up by the tail and swing it around.

The crowd cheers. I'm removed from the stadium and the champions are put back in the tent. I run over to Cedric and wrap my arms around him "I'm so glad you're safe!" I scream. "Me too!" He screams back.

"Diggory, can I please congratulate my girlfriend?" I hear Draco say laughing. Cedric lets me go and kisses my cheek, "Talk to you later, we'll solve the egg together," he whispers in my ear.

I run to Draco and he kisses me sweetly on the lips. "I'm so glad you're ok love, I was so worried. You kick dragon ass." He chuckles. I rest my head on his chest. "I'm glad you think so," I say giggling.

Draco pushes me away and I see why, Viktor Krum is on his way over. "Hello Lia, you are friends with Hermione Granger if I am not mistaken." He says. I nod and he continues "Do you think you could introduce me to your friend? I find her extremely interesting."