CHAPTER 31: tri wizard champions

LIA POV

Today is when we find out who is picked for the tri wizard tournament.

The tournament is happening really late this year because of some destruction caused by Cornish pixies over the summer.

When I step in the great hall I find ron and walk over to him. He greets me with a hug and grabs my hand. He seems distracted.

I follow his gaze to find him staring at Malfoy. Who just so happens to be staring right at me.

I nudge rons shoulder and he leans down to kiss me. Our lips meet quickly before he pulls away. 

Professor dumbledore goes up to the front of the great hall by the goblet of fire and starts his speech "now be warned. The three champions will be put through terrible tasks. But the one victorious will receive eternal glory. And with that! Lets select our champions!" He says.

The goblets blue flame rises and out comes a piece of paper "from beauxbatons. Fleur delacour" he says. There is lots of cheering as a girl in a light blue skirt and blouse rises and stands next to dumbledore.

The goblet glows again and out comes the next piece of paper "from durmstrang. Viktor Krum!" There is a lot of cheering as viktor stands up and walks to stand next to fleur.

The goblet glows once more and out comes another piece of paper "the champion from hogwarts. Cedric Diggory!" Cedric stands up and gets pats on the back from all his friends. He walks over to stand next to viktor.

"Our three champions!" Dumbledore says. The whole hall is filled with the sounds of clapping. Then suddenly the goblet glows again. Out flies one more piece of paper.

Professor dumbledore looks at me before opening the paper "Lia potter!" He roars. "LIA get up here!" He screams. Ron lets go of my hand and shakes his head at me. Why the hell is he upset?

I stand and walk next to Cedric. He grabs my hand and squeezes it tight. "She's a cheat!" I hear someone scream. There are cheers in agreement.

Dumbledore walks over to me and gives me some strange clear liquid. I drink it. Veritaserum.

"Lia. Did you put your name in that goblet" he asks. "No. I have no idea how my name ended up in there." I blurt out.

"Did you have an older student put it in there for you" he asks. "No. I have no idea how my name ended up in there" I say again.

"Did you have anything to do with your name being put in the goblet" he says. "No. I have no idea how my name ended up in there" I say one more time.

Dumbledore nods before saying "there is no way she could have lied. Lia is telling the truth. Now would anyone like to confess to doing something to that goblet and putting lias name in?" No one moves. They all just stare blankly at me.

Then Barty crouch steps up. "Then I suppose we have 4 champions of the tri wizard tournament"

"Wait. You're actually making me compete? What if I don't want to! I didn't even enter!" I say.

"The rules are rules" barty says to me. Then I hear a voice coming from the back of the hall "surely the rules can be bent just this once. She's only a fourth year. That's breaking another rule set in place. She's only 14!" I recognize the voice. Draco. He steps out from behind his friends so Barty can see him.

"I'm sorry mr Malfoy. Rules are rules. Lia potter must compete in the tri wizard tournament" he says. Draco face goes pale before he looks at me. His eyes filled with worry.

Later when the great hall has emptied of everyone but the champions Cedric grabs my hand and pulls me into a hug. "I'm worried about you li. I don't want you getting hurt." He says. "I'll be fine ced. I'm the girl who lived after all" I say giggling.