CHAPTER 11: The secret

"Cut the fluff and just tell us" Harry says while rolling his eyes.

"Ok, but you're not gonna like it" Draco says. "My father is a death eater" he says flat out.

I feel the color fading from my cheeks as Harry grabs me and backs us up to the wall. "BACK AWAY MALFOY" he screams.

Draco looks at me pleadingly "love..." he begins.

I start to cry. "NO DRACO!" I shout. "WHY DID YOU BRING ME HERE? IS IT SOME SORT OF MISSION? DOES VOLDEMORT WANT ME?" I realize something. "Do you even love me?" I ask, barely audible. I don't want to know the answer. "Or was I just a sick, twisted game"

Draco looks shocked at my question as he grabs me from Harry pulling me into a tight hug "I love you more than anything. I swear to you, I will never let anyone lay a finger on you." I try to push away. Harry sees me struggling and pushes malfoy to the ground.

"LEAVE MY SISTER ALONE" he shouts.

I see tears forming in Draco's eyes as he looks at me. "Lia" he pleads. "Let me explain." I slowly nod. Still crying. Harry pulls me into a hug as I begin to shake.

Draco closes his eyes and begins "my father decided to join the death eaters because he was pressured by his father. Once you join the death eaters you can't leave. Just look at regulus black. My mother's cousin. He decided he no longer agreed with the dark lord and tried to leave. In the end he was dead. This woke up my father and he realized he couldn't do this anymore" Draco says sadly.

"He began to sabotage the dark lord's plans. He went from his right hand man to his piece of garbage. My father realized that if he continued down the path he would end up dead. He couldn't leave me and my mother. So he continues to work against his will with the dark lord." He says somberly.

"The dark lord has no idea about Harry's existence. Just yours Lia. My father has tried to keep our relationship a secret from him. But I can tell my mother is afraid tonight's meeting is about you." Draco says sadly.

"I love you Lia, and as long as I'm alive I will not let anyone touch you. If something happened to you I couldn't live with myself. You're the only light in my living hell" Draco says reaching out a hand to take me.

I release myself from Harry and run for the door. I needed to leave. I needed to get away.

Draco runs in front of the door and grabs me as I sob. I shrink down onto the ground and start to hit the wall. Punching it harder and harder. The wallpaper begins to fall off as dents form in the wall. I look down at my hands to see my knuckles starting to bleed. I look up at Draco menacingly.

"WHY DID YOU THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO BRING ME HERE!" i say breaking my silence.

Draco answers with "because the safest place for you with is with me"

"That's bullshit, I don't believe that for one second. I can protect her just as well as you" Harry says.

"Lies." Draco states. "My family name has a lot of power. It can save her life. Even from the dark lord."

"So you only care for me because you don't think it's worth it to let a pathetic girl die" I ask shaking.

"No love..." he begins. "DON'T CALL ME THAT" I spit. Draco has hurt in his eyes as he bends down to touch my cheek.

I quickly move away and avoid his touch. Draco closes his eyes and moves away. "I'll take you to the weasleys, you obviously don't want to be here anymore" I slowly nod my head and look at Harry. "Thanks Malfoy" he mutters.

Draco nods and says "I still and always will love you Lia. Even if you don't love me"

All I can think about is how much I love him. But I know, like his father, he is destined to be a death eater.