CHAPTER 8: Christmas break

The best feeling in the world comes from waking up next to someone you love.

"Good morning darling" Draco says as he kisses my forehead. "We better get moving. Lots of things to do before winter break"

"Ugh don't remind me, I'm going to have to spend two weeks away from you, it's going to be awfully dreadful." I say with a frown on my face.

"Chin up love" Draco says as he strokes my cheek with his hand.

"I just wish we could spend Christmas together!" I say a little more aggressive than I meant.

"Wait! I have an idea!" Draco exclaims. "I told my parents about you in a letter a couple months ago, they gave me permission to invite you to malfoy manor for Christmas, would you be interested in coming?" He asks.

"Well, i'd love to go. But what about Harry? I can't just abandon him on christmas."

"Harry can come too, as much as I dislike your brother, if it makes you happy then I'll be nice to him and I'll make sure you both have a wonderful Christmas." He says with a small smirk.

"Sounds like a plan to me. Shall we go ask him?" I say.

"After you milady" Draco says with a grin as he over enthusiastically bows

"Draco you goon!" I say as I playfully roll my eyes and giggle. When Draco stands up I grab his face gently and kiss him. Every time I kiss him the world seems so much brighter. But then he pulls away and smiles "at this rate we'll never get to go talk to Harry" he says while laughing.

We leave the slytherin common room and walk hand in hand down the hallway, playfully pushing each other as we walk.

Draco pauses for a second and asks "do you know how much I love you?" He has a very serious look on his face. I tease and say "no? Enlighten me"

He replies with "I love you more than 100 times the moon and back. I love you more than anyone else I have ever and will ever love. I would gladly die for you, and frankly I don't think I could live without you."

"Draco?" I ask "do you know how much I love you?"

"Can't be more than me" he says with a smirk

"Draco I love you more than 200 times the moon and back. I would die for you 100 times. I would gladly give up my magic just to be with you."

Draco looks shocked and right there in the hallway he pulls me to him and whispers into my ear, "I'm never letting you go Lia Potter, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Draco releases me and we continue walking to the gryffindor common room. One good aspect of being prefects is that we know the passwords and location of all the common rooms and are free to go there as we wish.

We walked into the gryffindor common room and all eyes were on us. We called for Harry and drag him out into the hallway.

"We need to talk." I tell him. "What about?" he asks.

Draco takes a deep breath and looks into Harry's eyes "Harry, we really want to spend Christmas together, but Lia doesn't want to go away without you. Do you by any chance wanna come to malfoy manor with us and spend Christmas together?" Draco moves closer to Harry and whispers in his ear, "for Lia's sake. A chance for two important people in her life to bond and hopefully become friends"

Slowly Harry nods and I break out into the biggest smile ever and jump on him giggling. I jump off Harry and he and Draco just stare at me and shake their heads and laugh.

"Love, you are the craziest person I've ever met." Draco says. "Did you expect anything less from me?" I ask grinning. He replies with, "no, your craziness is one of the reasons I love you." Draco forgets that Harry is right next to us as he leans in to kiss me.

After the kiss Harry just says, "love?" With a smile on his face as he shakes his head. "I'm gonna go back inside before the snogging gets any worse. I'll meet you guys on the train. On the ride please don't snog too much, I hate being the third wheel." Harry says with a laugh.

Me and Draco just stare at each other thinking the same thing. "No promises" we say in unison.