CHAPTER 28: Reunion

LIA POV

2 weeks pass by and now it's February 1st.

Things have been going well with ron, he hasn't pushed me or anything. Draco on the other hand is constantly finding excuses to look at me or talk to me. It's beginning to get annoying. I should really tell him to back off.

I'm heading to the gryffindor table for breakfast because I need to tell ron I'm ready. I want to give us a second chance.

When I sit at the table hermione and Harry are already there, but ron is nowhere in sight. "Where the red head?" I ask. "He was running a little late, said he'd be down in a few minutes" Harry responds. I nod my head and eat my bacon and toast slowly, waiting for ron.

Soon enough ron sits next to me. "Bloody hell. Lavender refuses to leave me alone! It's downright ridiculous!" He says. I only laugh and tease him "it's cuz you're such a catch" I purr. He blushes and whispers in my ear "means a lot coming from you"

I glance at the slytherin table to see Draco staring right at us. He must have seen ron whisper in my ear. I ignore Draco and turn to ron

"I need to talk to you later, ok?" I say with a smile. He nods and starts to eat. When we both finish I grab his hand and lead him out of the great hall. While we walk I start to talk.

"I'm ready" I say. Ron stops and looks at me. "Really?!" He says enthusiastically. I kiss him gently on the lips "really" I reply. He picks me up and kisses me. I never forget the excited, tingly feeling I get in my stomach from kissing ron.

When he puts me back on the ground I see a flustered Draco staring at us. "Draco... you knew I liked him..." I say. "I... i didn't.... I didn't expect that" he says looking disappointed.

I walk over to him. "Then what did you expect" I ask. "I expected you to miss me. I expected two weeks to have been enough time for you to 'heal' I never thought I'd lose you." He says. I can see the tears forming in his eyes. I lean in and hug him. "Draco, I'll always care for you. I'm still healing you know. It's not easy seeing someone you love more than anything kiss someone else."

"That wasn't my fault" he growls before pushing me off him. "I don't need you, you're a filthy half blood" he spits.

What happens next I would never expect. Draco Malfoy slaps me and pushes me to the floor before kicking my stomach and head. "I hope you're happy with him" he sneers.

Then draco seems to realize what he did. He goes to help me up but ron is next to me before him. "Leave her alone malfoy. I don't care what you guys said, there was absolutely no reason for you to hit her!" ron yells. "I... I didn't mean.... I didn't want to hurt her... I just got mad and... I'll go get madam pomfrey" he said before running off.

I look up to see ron cradling my head. "I've got you love, are you ok?" He asks. "I'll be fine. But remind me to kill malfoy later please" I say before spitting out more blood. He smirks slightly and nods "I'll help you." He says.

I close my eyes and black out.

I wake up later in a bed with ron holding my hand. "Bloody hell ron, why is it always you holding my hand when I wake up" I say with a small laugh. He looks up realizing I'm the one that said that. "You're awake!" He says. "Nice observation smarty pants" I say as I roll my eyes. Ron smirks and gives me a hug.

"How long was I out for this time?" I ask. "Roughly 6 days" Ron answers. "Wow Malfoy really does pack a punch doesn't he." I say smirking. "Did he at least get in trouble for putting me into the infirmary?" I ask. Ron nods. "Months detention with filch" he smiles.

About an hour later Harry and hermione come in. "You're awake!" Hermione shouts before pulling me into a tight hug.

"Hey sis, how are you feeling" Harry says before kissing me on the forehead and hugging me. "I'm good, my head just hurts a lot. Of course malfoy had to be wearing boots when he kicked me, couldn't have been converse" I say rolling my eyes.