Wooflan- Long Ass Flight

Preston's P.O.V.

I groaned as my alarm blared and I slammed my hand into it, silencing it. I rolled over onto my front and yelled out as I fell off the small mattress and face first onto the floor. I heard a small laugh above me and looked up to see Lachlan smiling down at me.

Lachlan and Rob had been sharing the double bed and I had been sleeping on the mattress on the floor. It was just past 4 in the morning, and we had to be at the airport in 2 hours for our 8 o'clock flight back to America. We were in Australia 'visiting' Lachlan but in reality it was just time for me to be a third wheel to Wooflan.

They had been together for over 3 years running and although they lived on opposite sides of the world, they were still going strong. They had had their moments and it was around this time last year that Rob had forgotten their anniversary because he was so busy and Lachlan was distraught. He had called me crying the day after their anniversary and I had to go and give Rob a good talking too. A week later he was in Sydney with Lachlan.

I stood up and shook the tiredness from my limbs, having had only 5 hours sleep and a 16 hours non-stop flight ahead. Lachlan was right on the edge of the bed, his head facing towards me and Rob was behind him, his arms wrapped around his waist, still asleep.

Lachlan was definitely awake, although still very tired so I gently shook his shoulder and then moved onto Rob. He stirred when I touched his shoulder and then opened his eyes, still bleary from sleep

"Come on, let's go, get up, get up, get up!!!" He startled at the loud noise, as did Lachlan, but he glared at me and stretched his arms, accidentally elbowing Lachlan in the back.

I reached up to the top of the duvet and pulled it off them, causing Lachlan to squeal and move closer to Rob and for Rob to reach down to pull them back. We still had a long way to go.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Two hours later the taxi had just dropped us off at the airport, Lachlan clutching a thermos of coffee to his chest. His hair was yet to be styled and it was falling in his face slightly and Rob was holding his free hand, swinging it back and forth.

I was pushing the trolley with our suitcases, mine and Rob's medium sized ones and Lachlan's smaller one which was full of mostly shoes. We all shared the same sized pants and shirts so he would probably borrow a lot of ours while we were at mine.

We were going to Texas for Thanksgiving (which would be spent with my family) and I couldn't wait to see them again. Going from England with Vikk to Canada with Rob and then to Australia to visit Lachlan with Rob, I had been away from home for close to two months by that point.

We spent our time in the waiting lounge, myself and Rob editing spare videos and Lachlan practically asleep on the chairs. He had prepared over 10 videos in advance for the month he would be with us but we didn't have to worry much because I had two spare setups in the office.

By the time airport security called us for boarding I was close to finishing the 20 minute long video and Rob had long since given up, but we would have plenty of time on the plane even if we had to risk losing saves.

We had a row of three seats to ourselves, right at the back of the plane which was nice and not nice at the same time. Sure no one would be kicking our seats and we'd get first access to food but we were right next to one of the bathroom and hell those things smell after a 16 hour plane ride.

Lachlan was automatically in the window seat and Rob in the middle so I got the aisle and opened my computer to finish editing. The backpacks that we had with us contained the bare minimum, just our laptops and phones, chargers, Rob had a book and spare sweatshirts.

----------------------------------------------------------------

An hour into the flight and Lachlan was fast asleep, leaning against Rob. He looked over at me and grinned, so I quietly turned off Lachlan's laptop and slid it back into his bag and pulled his headphones out.

Rob leaned over and whispered to me,

"I'd feel mean to move him, can you put my laptop in my bag please as well?"

I nodded and slid his one away too, careful not to disturb sleeping beauty. As soon as I was done he used his free hand to adjust Lachlan's head so it was comfortable for both of them, and to make sure he didn't hurt his neck. I knew from past flying experiences that it's not fun to sleep in an awkward position.

Rob pulled his spare sweatshirt out of his bag carefully and lay it across Lachlan like a blanket, leaning back against the seat. I smiled and went back to editing, glancing back at the couple every now and again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Two hours from the end of the flight I woke up, having put away my laptop after I had edited three of my videos. Lachlan was still fast asleep, his sleep schedule meaning that would be the time he would be sleeping normally.

Rob was awake and we made eye contact, smiling at me sleepily and both glancing down at the younger boy, arms wrapped around himself for comfort and warmth. Rob gently nuzzled his face into Lachlan's hair, smiling when he scrunched his face up and attempted to roll over, Rob stopping him.

"I'm just going to the bathroom, can you just swap seats with me quickly and keep him asleep?" I nodded and leaned past him to hold up Lachlan's head with my hand while he squeezed out from in between the seats.

I swapped into Rob's flight quickly, resting Lachlan's head against my shoulder. He stirred slightly and lifted his head sleepily, eyes opening. I groaned internally.

He lifted his head up and blinked at me, the sunlight that was streaming through the window causing him to squint.

"How long have we got left?" His voice was gravelly, very much his morning voice even though it was long past morning.

"Another couple of hours." He groaned, almost slamming his head into the chair. In a muffled and tired voice he grumbled,

"This is one long ass flight."